News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Is this for real?!?! A '60 Seville in pieces?!?

Started by Chris Conklin, August 07, 2013, 05:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Conklin

I hope not. I've had this '60 Seville bookmarked for a while (link below). Beautiful car. Noticed today that the price changed to "Inquire" and then read the ad copy. Then went to their site and the car is not listed. Say it ain't so! I am seriously hoping it's a sales ploy...

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/cadillac/eldorado/1575868.html
Chris Conklin

Dan LeBlanc

I don't understand why someone would take such a high dollar car, completely kill its value, and spend a ton of money in the process.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

INTMD8

Sounds like a plausible scenario but I don't see the car on the Roadster Shops website.

I'm doing a similar build with my 57.

David Greenburg

I hope its nowhere as nice as the prior asking price suggested.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

N Kahn

Buster Miller

Ken Perry's Photography

I'd like to have both 60 Seville and the ls9 but not together.
2 61 CDVs, 63 park avenue, 71 sdv, 77cdv, 78CDV

Michael J. Cascio

What a sin!!!  On an original car none the less.  Ugggggh.
-Mike

Bill Caddyshack

Well, they are spending some bucks on something that will destroy the value of the car.  ::)

A Corvette engine in a Cadillac. Sounds like they have their ass on backwards.

I guess they are getting what they absolutely deserve for desecrating this lovely car.  >:D

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

From the ad:

"1960 Cadillac Eldorado Extremely original All original trim, chrome Tri-Power V8 Clean and cool We had this car in inventory for a while, and kept looking at it...and looking at it...and then we tore it apart...."

They should've kept on looking.

Would've been better than looking for all the money that'll be missing when all's said & done.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Blade

Reminds me: I usually keep one eye on the 59s on the net and a couple of years ago there was this custom for sale for $750,000. A few months ago the price was dropped to $125,000, still no interest - I wonder why? Then I saw a Coupe DeVille, looked like right out of a dooms day movie, was up for $300,000 last year. This year the price on eBay for it was $15,000 - not a single bid. The I came across this "59 DeVille Deluxe" a while ago (see link below), so just recently decided to ask how much they want for it. The price is .... ready? $110,000!! Now if you look at the description this car has a VIN number of [ 59J041790 ] which translates to a Coupe DeVille and a [ 59F041790 ] engine number - a Series 62 convertible - with the production numbers matching, in other words altered!! So clearly this is a mix and match car with some aftermarket Eldorado trim (and more) added to it all over.

Not sure what these people think when they price their vehicles but I think they are always wondering why they don't sell.

http://www.hendersonkia.com/Used/Cadillac/Inventory_Details.cfm?Vin=59J041790

Bill Caddyshack

Blade, maybe it could be bought cheap and part out all the misplaced goodies on eBay. Restore it back to stock. Otherwise, BARF!

Bill Caddyshack

OK, OK for the most horrible Cadillac custom in the world, in the w-w-w-w-w-w-w-world!

A six wheel Eldorado Brougham, convert. . . I mean pervertible. For those with more money than taste.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wwwclassicamericarscom/6127838845/in/photostream/

Check out those Dagmars! Make Madonna jealous mad!

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

veesixteen

It resided for a while in Monte Carlo. I believe it went east to one of the Russian federations.  Anybody seen it lately?
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

52Cadillac

Ate beignets (prob spelled wrong) on Riverstreet yesterday morning. We had a window seat when a late seventies Cadillac limousine rolls by. Omg, it was painted in red blood with Zombie Killer on the side, and a dragon tail like protrusion on the hood, bloody looking handprints on windows. No time for a pic, but this car put UG in ugly. Told Cadillac Widow that's what some folks do with no money for body work and a decent paint job.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)