News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 Eldorado butyl windshield seal and proper primer

Started by neonbender, March 21, 2023, 08:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neonbender

Hello,

This is my very first post here. I hope to make friends , and show you probably one of the worst Eldi comebacks from the dead (as long as I hold out lol).
My adult daughter took this car in , in lue of rent. The unfortunate fellow who owned it was dying of cancer and needed a place for him and his kid.  He drove the car to my daughters rental. That was 4 years ago, The 429 seems strong. The interior looks like a bomb went off in it. It had all it's glass.
We live in SWFL. Hurricane Ian hit last year. It sucked out the windshield. That flew and shattered when it landed. Then the expensive back window blew out. That landed in a bush and is fine. I got a repro windshield.
I watched a YouTube video of one having the window put back in. I have done similar windows in the past. This is my third caddi. I had a 1976 Eldorado ragtop with the 500,and a 1965 Coupe deVille ragtop with the 429 (I rebuilt that engine myself and put the new top on) . I'm in my 60s. The man who made the video showed the profile for the seal. The video was old and he did not answer me when I asked him who had it. I asked caddydaddy. They got back to me and had no idea. I am looking for some help to get these windows in (I got a tarp on it now).  I want to get it in my shop soon, for the next few years.

Thanks all, C. Rasmussen Fort Myers