News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1979 Eldorado $12,999 23,000 miles (?) NOT MINE

Started by Bryan J Moran, December 05, 2023, 03:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1312751549355326/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A25a188e2-d8e8-4b46-a721-a172110a98b7

Owned by my grandmother for 40 year, but she has passed. It's a beautiful car and recently had engine replaced. Red interior w white tufted leather seats. A true head turner.

Not sure whether to believe much about this ad, estate drop to a granddaughter, street photos with no open doors, replaced engine at 23,000 miles  BUT - has the nicer aluminum wheelset I like, and I guess it's a Biarritz, but I personally do not see that as a plus, since virtually all 79-81 Eldorados were well equipped.
CLC 35000 in number only

smokuspollutus

More like 23,000 miles in dog miles. Check out the sand blasted leading edge of the hood, newer turn signals, ebay power antenna, wheel arch rust blisters, corroded wheels, dried out exploding dash pad,  missing top trim...good thing they didn't open the doors!

It's worth it all day with that mighty cast iron motor though  ;D

James Landi

Likely 123k miles... those seats are really durable and don't show much wear if reasonably kept in shape. New engine? Really?  I agree, and we should all hope that any person sufficiently interested gets a thorough inspection and negotiates a realistic price...