News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

The Great Restoration

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, February 13, 2024, 11:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I first want to thank those who are much, much smarter than me in getting back all that was lost. (Mostly.)

And also, thanks to those who have also expressed their thanks. It sometimes takes some courage when you have dumped on those who "caused the problem" and then give them hearty thanks for fixing "what was annoying."

This only shows to go you, that the people who run this Club, and Forum go out of their way to keep you happy, and do their very best to, (if I may borrow a much loved saying) make this Club and Forum, "The Standard of the World."

Now, what else can we think of to complain about? Oh, I still haven't gotten the Feb. S/S. But as Jason mentioned, "The mail hasn't come yet today..." (It did come today.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Clewisiii

Mine arrived Yesterday. But I have to be honest. I don't read them. I put them in a pile. IMG_20240213_111015162.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Lexi

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on February 13, 2024, 11:03:53 AMI first want to thank those who are much, much smarter than me in getting back all that was lost. (Mostly.)

And also, thanks to those who have also expressed their thanks. It sometimes takes some courage when you have dumped on those who "caused the problem" and then give them hearty thanks for fixing "what was annoying."

This only shows to go you, that the people who run this Club, and Forum go out of their way to keep you happy, and do their very best to, (if I may borrow a much loved saying) make this Club and Forum, "The Standard of the World."

Now, what else can we think of to complain about? Oh, I still haven't gotten the Feb. S/S. But as Jason mentioned, "The mail hasn't come yet today..." (It did come today.)

Very well put Barry. On another topic, I also eagerly await your next classic old movie/car review. I may start a thread on it this topic, so all is kept in one spot. We had one in the old Mid-Century Cadillac Forum and it was very popular and referenced often. Clay/Lexi

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I was thinking about that, but the last two fifties movies I watched, it was Chrysler Corp. day. I watched Pillow Talk and Rock Hudson had (I think) a '57 Dodge or DeSoto ragtop and Tony Randall had a lovely '57 Imperial sedan. Lots of nice cars in the street scenes. In written On The Wind, they also used Plymouth's for police and company cars, and Rock's own car was a '56 Plymouth convertible.

Although your idea is great, there is also a web site that lists all the cars by make used in movies. I can remember a serial while I was a kid that ran a light colored '41 Mercury convertible off a cliff. Ugh!

It was also amazing how long those long wheel base DeSotos were used as taxis in NYC. You can tell that they are "real" as they are from street shots for background. Another movie I saw recently had 1947-48 GM buses used in an era before they actually came into use. This is the one I can't remember, of course.

Since my post was "lost," I'll pass on again that in "Notorious," there was only one '41 conv. used, even though the "dark colored" one was Ingrid's car and the "light" colored one was Cary Grant's car in Rio. Movie magic. I also watched "The Sting" the other night and noted that the cars actually looked used rather than shiny.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Clewisiii

I spot 61s. In the movie Scrooged the ghost of Christmas past cab driver rear ends a 61 limo.

Season 2 of umbrella academy has about three 61s that are rotated through different scenes.

A 61 and 62 are used in The Shape of Water.

A 1960 is driven by the mom in the movie Secondhand Lions.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

billyoung

In the 1961 Movie " Sweet Bird of Youth " Paul Newman drives a 1961 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible. Also it is a good movie.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.