News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac LaSalle Ronson lighter

Started by Sallyv9195!, March 01, 2024, 02:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sallyv9195!

The Ronson lighter with the Cadillac LaSalle logo on it was the first product for Dealers Supply Company, started by my dad, Walt Myers, in 1934 in Detroit.  Dad worked at Cadillac, and someone came by with a quantity of Ronson lighters he wanted to sell.  Dad suggested to his boss that they add the Cadillac LaSalle logo and sell them to the car dealers.  The boss said, "I don't want to, but you can if you want."  That's the story I was told.  Dealers Supply Company is celebrating its 90th anniversary this month! 

Carfreak

Great story! 

And looking at your website, there's a lot more than lighters being offered by the company now. 

Congratulations on the 90th Anniversary. 

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Clewisiii

Would you happen to know anything about this money clip. I am going to pick it up tomorrow.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 173040.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-01 173117.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-01 173153.jpgScreenshot 2024-03-01 173226.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Sallyv9195!

This is picture I was trying to post on Friday  March 1, 2024 with my post

Sallyv9195!

I'm not sure about the money clip, but it is like something Dealers Supply would have done.  I've seen money clips around the office, but they are chrome.  Now that I know about this club, I'll post some other Cadillac LaSalle products that my dad saved from when he worked at Cadillac.  One is from 1929, and it's a folio of literature that Cadillac sent to dealerships describing the various cars in great detail.  One piece even has upholstery material samples in it.  It's beautiful artwork. 

Clewisiii

Quote from: Sallyv9195! on March 05, 2024, 01:16:08 PMI'm not sure about the money clip, but it is like something Dealers Supply would have done.  I've seen money clips around the office, but they are chrome.  Now that I know about this club, I'll post some other Cadillac LaSalle products that my dad saved from when he worked at Cadillac.  One is from 1929, and it's a folio of literature that Cadillac sent to dealerships describing the various cars in great detail.  One piece even has upholstery material samples in it.  It's beautiful artwork. 

I have been looking for one of the 1961 interior upholstery books. Dan LeBlanc has one. I have not found one. And I probably am not willing to pay what they ask.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering