News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac has busted leaf Springs, Does anyone make a original?

Started by Christopher Petti, April 02, 2012, 12:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher Petti

I love the original parts on the 56 Cadillac Coupe Deville. I have a leaf spring that is cracked in two places. I was going to replace them all rather than replace just one. I got off the phone with Eaton here in Detroit and they said they can't make them exact with the grooves they will be flat pieces of metal. He said he could grind something in to make them look like that but I was wondering if there was any supplier of Leafs that are the real McCoy. Or anyone that can create them. Eaton quoted me $479.00 for a pair but I think I may pay a little more for exact reproductions. If anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Chris :-\
And uses too much gas
Some folks say it's too old
And that it goes too fast
But my love is bigger than a Honda
It's bigger than a Subaru
Hey man there's only one thing
And one car that will do
Anyway we don't have to drive it
Honey we can park it out in back
And have a party in your pink Cadillac

akstraw

My records show that I bought a pair of rear leaf springs from Kanter in 2005 for $460, although their current online catalog does not list 1956 springs.  Might be worth a call to them.

Andy
CLC 21467
Andrew Straw
CLC 21467

Christopher Petti

I found some Leaf Springs off of another 56 Cadillac. Lets hope that this works. I deal with Hemmings for all my parts. I won't ever buy from Kantor again. ;)
And uses too much gas
Some folks say it's too old
And that it goes too fast
But my love is bigger than a Honda
It's bigger than a Subaru
Hey man there's only one thing
And one car that will do
Anyway we don't have to drive it
Honey we can park it out in back
And have a party in your pink Cadillac