News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

ATTN jwwseville60: 1963 CdV to be offered at Saratoga.

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, September 17, 2023, 11:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Appears to be an exceptional example. Early '63 per body color firewall rather than black. No air a bit of a letdown but we can't have everything...

Air cleaner snorkel should be facing to the right which means the repro decal on air cleaner was attached in the wrong location. Nothing major. Correct matching original Cadillac floor mats a good sign.

Not certain whether "Stunning Factory Basildon green paint" means the paint is truly factory applied original or refinished in the factory color.

https://www.saratogaautoauction.org/vehicles/2750/1963-cadillac-coupe-deville

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

jwwseville60

1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Clewisiii

I have one problem with that air cleaner logo statement. I think sometimes they had a bad day on the line. Or maybe a left handed person. This was my original air cleaner i pulled off a car parked since 76.IMG_20160602_204446339.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Quote from: Clewisiii on September 17, 2023, 09:20:09 PMI have one problem with that air cleaner logo statement. I think sometimes they had a bad day on the line. Or maybe a left handed person. This was my original air cleaner i pulled off a car parked since 76.

Yours is original silk screened lettering; the other is a repro clear decal. For judging purposes, yours would likely get a pass being a factory error but a stick-on decal in the wrong place would not. 

2011DTS

billyoung

Agreed Eric, that green Coupe DeVille other than the engine is an incredibly preserved original survivor.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

jwwseville60

I really like that 1962 CDV, but changing the yellow and its corresponding interior is a crime.
Not my color.
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Just to follow up, the Basildon '63 Coupe deVille was a no-sale at $26,000 and the car is still available.