News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1969 Fleetwood 75 Limo - Power Windows Question

Started by JokerLimo, August 19, 2013, 04:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JokerLimo

hello,

I purchased a 1969 Fleetwood 75 Limo. All the power windows and seat doesn't work nor the privacy window at rear of driver seat. What should I expect in fees to have shop repair these?

Any comments or suggestions would greatly be accepted.

Thanks In Advance,

Scot Minesinger

Could be a fuse that costs under a $1.00 or all new motors and wiring that costs into 4 figures. 

I dreamed of the day I could afford a brand new Cadillac and pay for all repairs on classic cars.  The reality is that Cadillac does not make anything I want now (is it too much to ask for a comfortable 5 seater with a V-8 and rear drive like my 1995 Fleetwood I bought used in 97 and drove 254k miles?) and there are no mechanics that I trust to work on my car.  Consequently my daily driver is not a Cadillac and I do all the repairs on my three 1970 Cadillacs if it is at all possible. 

People that will work on your 1969 Cadillac to your satisfaction are few and rare.  I hope you find someone, I never did.  Best to check the basics first if you possible can (take your time), as a global problem like that is unlikely to be every power motor and more fuse or electrically related.

Good luck and enjoy your Cadillac,

Scot
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty