News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

37 60 series body side moulding

Started by Dennis Long, November 09, 2023, 09:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Long

Hello all,
Finally assembling my 37 coupe and am in need of several body side molding clips.
These are Auveco 1347 discontinued in the 50's.
I will attempt to add a picture.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Dennis Long

Dennis Long

Picture attached

carlhungness

Don't know if this suggestion will help but consider: I was missing a few of the clips that hold the dash trim moldings on my '37 LaSalle dash and they are very small. I took an 080 screw and it just slipped into the groove in the molding. So, I was able to insert the screw into the trim piece, and it slid in the channel. Therefore, I lined up the screw with the proper holes, and put a nut and washer on the back side.
      I think you can do the same with your trim molding. Find a screw-bolt that nearly fits the channel, and grind it to fit if necessary. Then you have a threaded piece you can insert into the body, back up with a washer and tighten. A bit of blue Loctite will keep the nut from loosening.
       In fact, the rear-most 'clip' on the side trim of my coupe IS held in place with a carriage style bolt from the factory. The reason I recall this is that the bolt was rusted, I was afraid to loosen it any more, so whacked it off from the inside with a carbide zip wheel. To re-install I'll grind a carriage bolt head to fit, and I imagine you can do the same for the trim clips you are missing.