News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New member with a 48 Fleetwood

Started by 4860S, September 04, 2011, 04:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4860S

Hi everyone,

I have just acquired a 1948 60S and imported it to Australia. It is in excellent condition, Cavern Green with leather and the original Bedford cord trim.

Locating parts for these earlier cars seems a little difficult, aided by my being in Australia. What I need at the moment is front and rear suspension rebuilt kits and easy things like spark plugs, points etc., which I cant find here. Can you suggest some reputable suppliers?

Here is a photo.

Thanks and regards
John

Richardonly

Hello John,

A few parts suppliers you may start with are;
Dennis Akerman.........603-286-3903  New Hampshire USA
Then & Now auto parts.......781-335-8860   Weymouth, Mass USA
Joe Cutler..........508-476-3490  Douglas, Mass USA
Allcads.com.........800-808-1147  Las Vegas, Nv  USA

I am not sure what parts you are looking for, but there are many on line..   These are the ones I have used so far.

You car looks beautiful!!!!!  (Just realized you wrote to me about my problem with the vacuum lines for the wipers!)

Richard V. Pattison  Richardonly@verizon.net
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

pauldridge

Beautiful car!  If this has the flathead, I just bought plugs, AC M8, from www.Brillman.com, about $2.70 US each
Phil Auldridge
Austin, TX
1940 60S as well as MGA, Stingray, '39 Ford Coupe, BMW 3.0 CS, '59 Jaguar, '51 Hudson Hornet, '64 and '70 Mercedes roadsters, and Nash-Healey LeMans Coupe
[img]http://www.auldridge.org/images/hdricon.jpg[/img]