News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

Recent posts

For Sale - Cars / 1976 CdV $13,500 17,000 mil...
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Yesterday at 09:54:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/578797013937978

This vehicle has been driven less than 17000 miles.  In excellent condition. With a little care this will be a show stopper.  Asking $13500.   Serious inquiries only please.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1949 Series 62 Front Sprin...
Last post by Joe Jensen - Yesterday at 09:20:44 PM
Larry:

Here are pictures of the front springs on my 1949 6207.  I believe these are stock but I can't say for certain.

Your springs are definitely very different and I agree, someone heated them to lower the front end.

Good luck!
Joe
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Clewisiii - Yesterday at 08:42:57 PM
Well that is everything I can find in the rubber the right way catalog except for,
Belt line fuzzy
Window felt
Window sash
Door and hood bumpers
Door drain flaps

So $2800 so far. Probably another $3-500 for the rest. I wonder if I can call a negotiate a package deal.

Screenshot_20240513-203900.jpg
General Discussion / Re: 1968 DeVille Convertible r...
Last post by 35-709 - Yesterday at 08:30:55 PM
VERY nice, Bill.  Congratulations!
Geoff N.
General Discussion / Re: At home tire/wheel balanci...
Last post by 35-709 - Yesterday at 08:22:58 PM
You are talking dynamic vs static balancing.  An internet search will bring up explanations of both and why they are needed - or not.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1956 dealer installed AC s...
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 07:59:51 PM
As far as I know it was just a long, narrow straight rubber strip. There was group on Ebay selling repros of them, with a photo, just not sure if they are still being offered. Clay/Lexi
Technical / Authenticity / How to restore 55 Series 75 re...
Last post by tluke - Yesterday at 07:20:54 PM
I'm going to start working on my interior soon. Anyone know how to restore the rear dash insert in my '55 Series 75? Mine's supposed to look like this:
RearDashInsert.jpg
But it looks like this with lots of blemishes and the color faded (distorted):
RearDash&JumpSeatsFromRearSeat_50.jpg
It appears to be applied like sticky-back shelf paper (vinyl?) and then clear coated over, but I don't really know. I've seen pictures of a '53 Fleetwood (not a limo) that appears to have the same style insert in the back seat as well as the front dash. From the plastic on the seats it could just be a super survivor but it looks like it's been restored. That pattern appears to have been used over several years so maybe the insert stuff is still available somewhere, somehow? Any ideas on where to start looking?
53FleetwoodRearCompartmentSimilarities3.jpg53FleetwoodSimilarTrimCUview3.jpg
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Zinc additives
Last post by J. Russo - Yesterday at 07:15:31 PM
I run Valvoline VR1 10w30 in my '41 engine.
Want To Buy - Parts / need right (passenger) side up...
Last post by Steve W - Yesterday at 06:57:17 PM
I need the right side (passenger side) upper control arm for my 68 Coupe deVille.

We were replacing the bearings when it was discovered that the arm itself is shot!
I'm told 65-68 are the same?

I saw one off of a 66 on ebay, but the guy sent me the pic and it looked like rust was eating away at the lower portion.

I don't mind grease and grime and maybe somne surface rust, I can clean it up and paint it myself, but these are HEAVY cars, and my main concern is structural integrity. And that the hole that the bearing goes through isn't worn out (that's the issue with mine).

Thanks.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Zinc additives
Last post by Jon S - Yesterday at 06:20:20 PM
Yes. Zinc and Phosphorous (ZDDP).