News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cannot access forum.

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, February 15, 2024, 02:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Ever since the forum has been restored back to use, i am constantly getting an error message whenever I attempt to go on the CLC discussion page. I've cleared the cache multiple times, changed the bookmark tab and scanned and rebooted my computer several times. Also reset the password. 

Yesterday I rebooted my modem and router and the forum worked perfectly all day.

Today however, the same problem reappeared. I rebooted the modem/router again which restored the forum but only for a short time. I rebooted again and again lost connection when I returned to the CLC discussion page from another site.

The messages I've been getting is:

"This site can't provide a secure connection." or 404 - this page doesn't exist.

Now after rebooting, I can't even make any connection at all, not even temporarily. I'm making this post with my cell phone only because it's connected to a different network than the one my computer is on - and even that is hit and miss. Connecting is impossible when the phone is operating through the home Wi-Fi network.

I checked with my internet provider and they said the problem is not on their end.

I hope this is resolved soon. I've spoken with several others who are having the same issues so it's not just me.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

60eldo

ERic Im the same, Error mess. I went to modified cadillac and got in there. How long has this site been back.
Jon. Kluczynski

Clewisiii

I made a new bookmark. But I have to go into the bookmark drop down to select it. The home page bookmark symbol still gives me this message.

Screenshot_20240215-153643.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

I changed the bookmark to
https://forums.cadillaclasalle.club which worked yesterday.

After the few short times I was able to establish connection today after rebooting the modem each time, reconnecting has stopped completely. It's as if the system had caught on to what I was doing and shut me out entirely.

I even tried going through the back door of the CLC Main page but still getting the error message when I click the Forum button.

**I just tried attaching an image here but it says the file is too large so the auto resizing doesn't seem to work.

2011DTS

Eric, I keep getting the same message from my Forum Bookmark. I went to the CLC page and got in from there. I then tried my bookmark again and same error message. The way I got in was to erase all my CLC bookmarks and re-bookmarked the links that worked. It may be worth a try by erasing all you old book marks and then once in create a new bookmark.

Quote from: 2011DTS on February 15, 2024, 05:28:38 PMEric, I keep getting the same message from my Forum Bookmark. I went to the CLC page and got in from there. I then tried my bookmark again and same error message. The way I got in was to erase all my CLC bookmarks and re-bookmarked the links that worked. It may be worth a try by erasing all you old book marks and then once in create a new bookmark.

Thanks Lynn but I did all that already and was able to access the forum all day yesterday once I rebooted my router. But this morning it stopped again while using the same bookmark I was using yesterday. This is an issue with the new server.

tluke

They changed the web address for the forum.  It was forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org but as Eric posted it's now
forums.cadillaclasalle.club, i.e. they took the word club out of the name and used it as the domain and did away with the ".org". You'll have to go to the new address and make a new bookmark.

1955 Cadillac Series 75
1957 Continental Mark II
1986 Ford F250

Made changes to the bookmark which is the same site address I'm using now.

But the fact remains it will only work on my phone using the public Wi-Fi network and not with my private secured network. When I change my phone settings to use my private network, it too will lose access - just like the laptop.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

No issues at all here.... No problem at all logging in.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Not a log in problem. Can't have a log in problem if the site can't even be accessed in the first place.

tluke

I'm just spitballing this since I don't know what kind of "private secured network" you have, nor do I know what browser you're using but it sounds like your network is blocking the site. It doesn't sound like your getting an Error 404 Not Found but something is blocking it. It would be good to have some sort or error message even if you just describe it rather than attach a picture. My first guess is the security certificate for the site isn't being accepted. My second guess is that some setting in the firewall/router is blocking the site. I would call your service provide and see if they can help solve the problem. Sometimes you just have to list the new web address in the firewall and allow it in. (maybe it doesn't recognize/like ".club"), My Carrier smart thermostat required me to list it's site in my firewall/router to allow it in.

If its a security certificate problem for the site you should be able to see that in the browser. In Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge you right click the little icon at the far left of the address bar, choose security and then you'll see if your certificate is being recognized as valid.
The first pic is Chrome, the second is Edge:

ChromeSiteInfoSec.jpg
EdgeSiteInfo.jpg

And it could be something in the new website. My city purchased a new app for paying my water bill and after months of troubleshooting with the developer we still haven't been able to resolve it. Like you, I have to use my phone to pay my bill.
1955 Cadillac Series 75
1957 Continental Mark II
1986 Ford F250

dadscad

I had the same error message for two or three days. I deleted the old bookmark I had in my browser. I accessed the forum index using this address,

https://forums.cadillaclasalle.club/

I saved that address to my bookmarks. So far, for the last couple of days or so it has been working any time I click it. HTH.
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

Quote from: tluke on February 15, 2024, 07:58:10 PMI'm just spitballing this since I don't know what kind of "private secured network" you have, nor do I know what browser you're using but it sounds like your network is blocking the site. It doesn't sound like your getting an Error 404 Not Found but something is blocking it. It would be good to have some sort or error message even if you just describe it rather than attach a picture. My first guess is the security certificate for the site isn't being accepted. My second guess is that some setting in the firewall/router is blocking the site. I would call your service provide and see if they can help...

Depending which link I use, or whether I use my phone (on home network) or the laptop  I'm getting either "404 -Page can't be found" or "connection is not secure" with "cadillaclasalle.forum does not respond" written beneath.

I tried to post an image of the screen but the file was too large.

I spoke with Comcast this morning but they said there is nothing they can do and the fault is not theirs. Being all this started right after the forum went back on line and the fact that others are having the same problems, I tend to agree.

I've also tried three different browsers. I've tried clicking on anything that comes up with the error messages such as "why am I seeing this?" but nothing happens.

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on February 15, 2024, 08:59:12 PMDepending which link I use, or whether I use my phone (on home network) or the laptop  I'm getting either "404 -Page can't be found" or "connection is not secure" with "cadillaclasalle.forum does not respond" written beneath.

I tried to post an image of the screen but the file was too large.

I spoke with Comcast this morning but they said there is nothing they can do and the fault is not theirs. Being all this started right after the forum went back on line and the fact that others are having the same problems, I tend to agree.

I've also tried three different browsers. I've tried clicking on anything that comes up with the error messages such as "why am I seeing this?" but nothing happens.
Eric, is the message above, "cadillaclasalle.forum does not respond" a typo or do you really see that. Because there is no reason why "cadillaclasalle.forum" should appear anywhere, it is always forums.cadillac.........
Since it is working for many of us, including myself on three different devices and multiple browsers, I hate to say it but I suspect that the issue to closer to you than to our server. I am going to continue to research this. Could you do me a favor and using the cmd command on your computer, enter tracert forums.cadilllasalleclub.org and take a screen shot of the result. Follow that by tracert forums,cadillaclasalle.club, and capture that screen too. If these insrtuctions are too nerdy, I may have to set up a zoom session to help you gather this information for me.
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725

69Deville

Stefan,

Here is an example of an old bookmark that I had saved that no longer works.
https://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=169398.0

Here is the link for this thread/topic.
https://forums.cadillaclasalle.club/index.php?topic=174126.0

The old site url is different. If you enter it into your browser, it redirects for the home page, but not for any other pages.
1969 Cadillac Deville Convertible
1966 Cadillac Series 60 Fleetwood
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham-sold :(

Quote from: sbartelski on February 22, 2024, 10:49:00 PMEric, is the message above, "cadillaclasalle.forum does not respond" a typo or do you really see that. Because there is no reason why "cadillaclasalle.forum" should appear anywhere, it is always forums.cadillac.........
Since it is working for many of us, including myself on three different devices and multiple browsers, I hate to say it but I suspect that the issue to closer to you than to our server. I am going to continue to research this. Could you do me a favor and using the cmd command on your computer, enter tracert forums.cadilllasalleclub.org and take a screen shot of the result. Follow that by tracert forums,cadillaclasalle.club, and capture that screen too. If these insrtuctions are too nerdy, I may have to set up a zoom session to help you gather this information for me.

The message I'm getting is:

"This site can't provide a secure connection."
forums.cadillaclasalle.club sent an invalid response.

- There are no typos in the above - it is exact. (Disregard whatever I wrote previously - that was done from memory)

If I reboot my modem, connection can usually be reestablished but it is only temporary- ranging from 15 minutes to eight hours.

Some days, rebooting will not work at all no matter how many times attempted. Connection will also be lost in the middle of a session when I go to another page while surfing within the forum. Oftentimes, connectivity will be lost when returning to the forum from another website. Sometimes not.

I've been using the same url link throughout.

I am not getting the 404 "Page Not Found" message any longer.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Eric,

The problem here is that you have spelt Forum wrong.

It is forum, not fourms.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on February 23, 2024, 06:07:53 PMEric,

The problem here is that you have spelt Forum wrong.

It is forum, not fourms.

I changed it to forum. No difference. 

"This site can't provide a secure connection"

forum.cadillaclasalle.club sent an invalid response.

Forums (plural) is the only thing that works with my cell phone. When I use forum (singular) with the phone, it too gives me an error message.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Sorry, I see what you mean with the plural.

Well, it actually forums as there are more than one Forum in the group.

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon