News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac series 6200 convertable for sale

Started by alldoug, April 25, 2013, 10:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the48indian

o
Bradley Rozema

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: the48indian on July 12, 2013, 11:20:06 AM
doug , i have responded many times to your ad , i have cash in hand , i live in indianapolis , can come down today to pay you , please call brad rozema 317-502-5984

Brad, I don't know how closely you've been following this thread or the other '59 Convertible thread in the restoration forum- but the car has been long sold back in April.

Member IMTMD8 (Jim) bought it.   
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

76eldo

Not too unusual... No one likes to read the instructions...

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Quote from: INTMD8 on July 10, 2013, 03:37:20 PM
As for the car I bought from this thread, should only be into it for around 23k once running and driving so I think it will be some good fun to cruise as-is until I decide to restore it. (Which will be several years down the road when I finish the Brougham)

No question, you bought your car right. REALLY right. It would be difficult to get hurt at that starting point- especially since you have many of the skills needed to tend it.

My earlier comments were intended more generally - especially when people bidding on obvious basket case '59 Cadillac convertibles - relying on computer images - pay huge bucks- like $30K - $40K+ for a cars that need $100K. That's simply insane- when, for that kind of coin, you could just buy outright one for $100K- maybe even an exceptional preserved #2 original if one takes his time and shops wisely and exercises prudence & discretion. 

Your car was nowhere near that kind of money, significantly complete with a very presentable & healthy interior. (I need hardly state how much further ahead of the game one is when starting with a good interior!!) 

Simply put, your deal is light years ahead of the curve- and I have been enjoying watching the progression.

*Glad your car found a good home.

INTMD8

Quote from: ericdev on July 12, 2013, 12:09:46 PM
My earlier comments were intended more generally - especially when people bidding on obvious basket case '59 Cadillac convertibles - relying on computer images - pay huge bucks- like $30K - $40K+ for a cars that need $100K. That's simply insane- when, for that kind of coin, you could just buy outright one for $100K- maybe even an exceptional preserved #2 original if one takes his time and shops wisely and exercises prudence & discretion.   

I couldn't agree more. Some of the stuff I see that sells for big money I wouldn't even think is fixable. Cut out the rust and there would be nothing left.

Quote from: ericdev on July 12, 2013, 12:09:46 PM
No question, you bought your car right. REALLY right. It would be difficult to get hurt at that starting point- especially since you have many of the skills needed to tend it.

Your car was nowhere near that kind of money, significantly complete with a very presentable & healthy interior. (I need hardly state how much further ahead of the game one is when starting with a good interior!!) 

Simply put, your deal is light years ahead of the curve- and I have been enjoying watching the progression.

*Glad your car found a good home.

Thanks! I wouldn't actually call the interior healthy, just usable, but it is nice that I will be able to use the car in it's present condition and it's not just seat springs and a dash core.

Really looking forward to driving it. I've never even taken a ride in a 50's Cadillac.

Well...don't get your hopes up too high...lol.

They're not the most agile or even comfortable Cadillac I've ever driven- not by a longshot.

But....for sheer presence, show-stealing and wow factor- few postwar production cars rank with the likes of the 1959 Cadillac.  8) 

Ken Perry's Photography

Just because it's not the most comfortable Cadillac you've ever driven does not mean that a 59 caddy is not a comfortable car.
2 61 CDVs, 63 park avenue, 71 sdv, 77cdv, 78CDV

INTMD8

Well I don't think I'm expecting too much. I'm thinking floaty billowing suspension, steering input is a mere suggestion and enough squeaks and rattles to drive me crazy. But....the big front sofa seems like a nice place to be and I'm enjoying the view with the top down without even having left the driveway yet.

Just sitting in the car makes me feel like I've traveled back in time, which I love. For that I'll put up with a lot of quirks :-)

76eldo

I don't know, my 60 handles great, steers with one finger, and gets more smiles per gallon than any car i ever drove.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

The Tassie Devil(le)

My '60 CDV handled great when I fixed the brakes, and put on Radial Tyres, and even better when I put a 390 and Hydro back into it.   It was fitted with a 454 and TH400.

The added weight over the front wheels really made a difference.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

52Cadillac

The 52 convertible has been driven cross country a few times. It's like riding on your living room couch from the Fifties.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)