News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

[SALE CANCELLED]1992 Fleetwood 2Dr 4.9L 55k Miles

Started by Crimtide, May 14, 2018, 08:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Smith

The coupes are rare!   Especially the 92s.    The color by the way is Taupe over dark plum.

d2mac

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Oh Crimtide, please say you're keeping the car. Not only is it rare, but its a piece of your family heritage.
Most of us have financial limits with everything, but if there's anyway you can keep this jewel and give it what it needs, please do.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

d2mac

Very unfair, I want to buy the car and I am looking a good one for more than three years.

Crimtide

Quote from: d2mac on July 17, 2018, 03:02:48 PM
Very unfair, I want to buy the car and I am looking a good one for more than three years.
Hi d2mac, unfortunately for many, since my initial push to sell the vehicle, I have found out more and more each day.  I have decided it is not for sale at the moment.  Just turned down a very generous offer to a gentleman a couple of weeks ago.  Just doesn't seem right to let her go anymore.  If I ever change my mind, this will be the first place I post about it.
1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Crimtide on July 17, 2018, 07:15:23 PM
Hi d2mac, unfortunately for many, since my initial push to sell the vehicle, I have found out more and more each day.  I have decided it is not for sale at the moment.  Just turned down a very generous offer to a gentleman a couple of weeks ago.  Just doesn't seem right to let her go anymore.  If I ever change my mind, this will be the first place I post about it.

A lot of people are doing the Happy Dance here for you, great decision.

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

BJM

There is one for sale - an 89 - on Minneapolis CL now.   

Carl Fielding

I'm here to tell you that an '89 is NO '92.   -   Carl

BJM

OK, I was just trying to help.  It appeared the same, visually

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

First I ever heard such a distinction between the two expressed so vociferously...

Of this generation DeVille/Fleetwood, 1989 has the distinction of not requiring premium fuel, doesn't have ugly air-bag steering wheel and much simpler and much cheaper-to-maintain throttle body injection. Some consider these areas to be advantageous, especially as the cars become older not to mention the price advantage at the pump.

Also beginning in 1991, Cadillac decided to mount the grille to the hood rather than at the radiator support  -  the perfect position to injure yourself when working under the hood and forget it's there when you go to move your head. That was one of the most idiotic decisions they ever made but when trying to imitate M-B by any means necessary, reason went out the window.

HP is higher in 1990 and again up in 1991 but I never missed the difference in most normal driving.

I like better the restyled bodyside trim of 1991 - 1993 however.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Crimtide

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on July 18, 2018, 11:39:25 AM
First I ever heard such a distinction being made between the two so vociferously...

Of this generation DeVille/Fleetwood, 1989 has the distinction of not requiring premium fuel, doesn't have ugly air-bag steering wheel and much simpler and much cheaper-to-maintain throttle body injection. Some consider these areas to be advantageous, especially as the cars become older not to mention the price advantage at the pump.

HP is higher in 1990 and again up in 1991 but I never missed the difference in most normal driving.

I like better the restyled bodyside trim of 1991 - 1993 however.
I think may be that it is more about the production numbers, being there was 90% less production of the coupe model in 92 than 89, is that correct?
1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Crimtide on July 18, 2018, 11:46:49 AM
  I think may be that it is more about the production numbers, being there was 90% less production of the coupe model in 92 than 89, is that correct?

I don't think it had anything to do with production numbers, or at least it didn't come across that way to me. All years Fleetwood Coupe are relatively rare though rarity isn't much of a factor here regardless. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

okccadman

Did you keep the Fleetwood?  How are you enjoying it?  Im looking for a 91 or 92.  Know of any out there?
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham
92 Fleetwood Coupe
93 Allante
94 Fleetwood Brougham
02 Eldorado Commemorative Edition

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Why drag up a 2 year old topic and the OP has not been on the board in 1 year???
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

D.Smith

Quote from: okccadman on June 01, 2020, 11:12:45 PM
Did you keep the Fleetwood?  How are you enjoying it?  Im looking for a 91 or 92.  Know of any out there?

He's still around and still has the car last I heard.     I think you can find him easier on Facebook.