News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

1941 60S Restoration

Started by Paul Phillips, April 28, 2012, 10:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.Johnson

Paul, I bought a 1941 60 Special over a year ago and have been working on it ever since.  It was billed as an "excellent driver" but was far from that.

Do you have drawings or templates for the wood sills you fabricated or had fabricated?  If so, I would be interested in obtaining a copy of them.  I don't know yet that the sills in my car will need to be replaced, but given the state of neglect I've found in the rest of the car I would not be surprised, and it would be great to have plans or templates from which to build a new set of sills.

What wood did you use for the sills?  Oak?  Do you know what the factory used originally?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Eric Johnson

Tom Boehm

Paul Phillips last post was 6 years ago. Your question would more likely get an answer if you posted in the technical questions section. The wood in the pictures is ash.