News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 fuel filter before or

Started by 60eldo, December 29, 2018, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skwerly62

Quote from: Jon S on December 31, 2018, 09:22:36 AM
I run the "stone" cartridge in my filter. My bowl normally runs between 3/4 and full. What I like is that if there is any sediment falls to the bottom of the glass bowl as the filter works from the outside in. I don't have to clean it out often as I get very little sediment Year to Year.
Same but with the paper filter. Car sits for periods and the bowl is still 3/4 full. Correct install has the bowl/filter ‘hanging’ below not on top which is obvious for AC cars. Just ensure the gasket sealing the glass is seated and it helps to fill the bowl with gas and carefully install to ease startup. Found out the hard way on my 58 but thankfully without major incident.
1958 Extended Deck 62 Sedan SOLD
1960 Coupe - current project
USCG Vet - Fly CG!