News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need help with part no. please

Started by signart, July 02, 2023, 06:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signart

Can anyone with access to parts book for 1953 help me with a definitive number for the starter solenoid? Any alternative number that will work might help locating one also.
My starter is running on after engine is started when hot or when cranking after sitting for a long period when the battery is low.
Thanks
Art D. Woody

harry s

My book is '41 thru '59 and it shows group 7.2756 SOLENOID UNIT ON STARTER part #111 9965 for 1953 only.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

midwestisbest

This takes a while to get used to but has been a tremendous resource for me.

Cadillac Master Parts Book Thru 1964

signart

Thanks Harry and Bill for the replies.
I was nearing a deduction that 1119965 was the part, but sellers are listing late '40's Cadillac, Buick, Hudson? and so forth with Delco starters as a match. Caddy and Olds are the only 12V Delco starter that I'm aware of. I think some later ones should fit and work, but with some different wiring arrangements. Figures mine is one year only, the hardest/costliest to find.

Appreciate the tip on the Master Parts lists, I didn't realize it was available online.
Art D. Woody