News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Has anyone repaired their 1974-1978 Eldorado clock? The seconds gear is broke

Started by joecaristo, October 12, 2023, 03:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joecaristo

Has anyone repaired their 1974-1978 Eldorado clock? The seconds gear is broke on mine. It works and spins but since the little plastic gear that spins the seconds gear is broke it dosen't work. Has anyone had success replacing the gear? Is there a kit or replacement for these clocks? I don't want to send it out I'd like to try and repair it myself. Thanks.
Joe Caristo

KOKNEYELDO

I used "The Clock Works" in Eagle River, WI to repair the clock on my 1975 Eldorado in 2015 ($99.99 + shipping) and it still works great.
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

joecaristo

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to see if anyone repaired it themselves. I like to DIY but sending it out is always an option. I've taken them apart before, oiled them and got them working but if one of the plastic gears are cracked or broken the clock won't work. I've run into that a few times.
Joe Caristo

mrmatthew