News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

bent pushrod

Started by Steve Cole #22466, December 03, 2005, 08:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Densie,

The term in situ is short for where it is at the time.

That is, the task can be accomplished whilst the engine is in the engine bay, but requires the removal of some parts to access the part to be replaced to complete the job.

Hope this explanation clears it up.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Steve Cole #22466

I tried the distributor/hand turning the engine test and I think it  confirms what youve been speculating Bruce. There does seem to be a slight lag between moving the crank & the distributor. I might have a more knowledgeable friend to confirm it but it looks like the chain may have to be replaced.

So- heres my gameplan:

* Replace all pushrods & lifters.
* Replace timing chain (engine still in vehicle)

Im going to try to complete the pushrod/lifter portion in the next 2 weeks, but Ive got alot going on (as does everybody this time of year!).

Once the pushrod/lifter upgrade is done, Ill wait until after New Years to start on the timing chain. My car doesnt have A/C so it seems to me that I should have enough room to work (minus the radiator as well).

Denise-

Thanks for the remixed audio file. I have noticed that ticking in the past..

denise 20352

The ticking sounds a lot like an exhaust leak.

At one time, I was going to record the sounds of the engines on all of my cars so that if I heard a funny noise, I could filter it out and listen to it compared to the way it was before, but, thats just one of those things that I never got around to doing.

-d