News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Just plain RUDE

Started by Kevin, December 07, 2005, 09:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I have just bought my first older Cadillac (1978 Seville) and happened upon the Fuel injection post. I too am having similar issues with my fuel injection/emissions system. I read all of the messages and I must say in Johns defense. He said nothing out of place and I find that retorts of both Mr. Porter and Andrew are,Just plain straight foward, out and out rude I am sorry, If I offend anyone by saying this please forgive me.I can tell that money isnt an issue for you, so Im going to let you spend the time and money and then Ill follow your wisdom. Please keep us posted, so I can figure out what is going on with my car and maybe you can help others in the same boat.

Porter 21919

Kevin,

Congratulations on the purchase of your 1978 Seville with fuel injection.

The first thing you should do is obtain the factory shop manuals and study them, learn how the system works.

I assume you are a DIYer, go slow and ask all the questions you want, there are many experts here than can give you great advice and know where to get the correct factory parts.

Best to do a compression test for starters, analyze the condition of the engine and perhaps put together a budget for all the required parts that should or must be replaced for proper operation and safety. Members here have stated in the past that its a fussy system but it will perform well when set up properly.

Good luck,

Porter ( 66&67 CDVs)

Andrew 10642

Kevin,

Welcome to the club.  Im trying to behave better, but in my defense, my comments in the F.I. thread referenced all posts by John, as well as those posts in F.I. thread. I know that wasnt clear in my responses, but that is what I meant. The above post by Porter is typical of his sincere offers to help.

I love the original Seville, I hope you enjoy it.  There is an excellent Bosch Fuel Injection publication that explains the operation of the system, which was used in Volvo and Mercedes in the early 70s as well.  If you would like the name of the publication, Id be happy to get it for you.