News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

71-76 Eldo convertible hard boot hardware

Started by Steve Preston #16375, March 15, 2005, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Preston #16375

I just bought an NOS hard boot on EBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7959853293&rd=1&sspagename=STRK3AMEWN3AIT TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7959853293&rd=1&sspagename=STRK3AMEWN3AIT

and it doesnt have any mounting hardware. Id appreciate any & all pictures from any of you who have a hard boot showing all the mounting stuff.

You can email them to me by clicking my name or to stevepreston@mindspring.com

Thanks, Steve

Barry Wheeler #2189

Hi Steve, I think Hydrolectric has the hardware you need. Advertise in Hemmings and probably have a web site.

Sandy Partridge #18390

Just a thought here, did your car have a hard bood originally?  If not, you may have to also put holes in the woodtone part of the interior beside the backseat back cushion.  I am not sure, but I have noticed cars that did not have the hard boot did not have the receiving holes for the locking pins.

Steve Preston #16375

Youre right about the holes, which I was aware of. But thinks for the heads up.

Steve Preston #16375

Ill try them. USA PArts has what they call hard boot hardware but they want $238.00 for it. Not quite sure what all included for the $238.00 but it better include some sex too, HEHE!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Steve,

If it were me, for that price, I would be really looking around the wrecking yards very often and see what I could find, or what I was missing.

Dont forget that they were also available on the other GM lines of the 70s.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Steve Preston #16375

New aftermarket ones go for > $700.00. A used one on Ebay just ended @ $609.00, original yellow color that had cracks. As far as boneyards go, the ones here in Vegas suck. Hardly anything older than 15 years anymore. BooHoo!