News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

3800 mile 73 CDV

Started by jwwseville60, August 25, 2023, 09:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on August 31, 2023, 08:30:39 AMI think that was referring to the undercarriage and/or engine compartment.

Yes, I understand it's not the body and interior but it's disappointing to not disclose that surface rust from poor storage was covered up with new paint. $51,000? 

CLC 35000 in number only

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Bryan J Moran on September 01, 2023, 07:19:16 AMYes, I understand it's not the body and interior but it's disappointing to not disclose that surface rust from poor storage was covered up with new paint. $51,000? 

Caveat emptor.

$53,550 with buyer's fee.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bryan J Moran

BaT takes great pains not to make claims. It's one reason I avoid the site.  Statements such as "believed to be..." and " per the owner the drivetrain may be original" yet here the mask is off. Yes, buyer beware but I have always disclosed what I know or have done. 
CLC 35000 in number only

jwwseville60

If its too good to be true......
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

I don't see what's so wrong here. Whatever rust that was on the frame was obviously minor surface type, not heavily crusted falling off like corn flakes the second you hit it with a hose. No amount of rattle can undercoating is going to camouflage rust like that.

It's a '73 CdV in the ultra-rare & ultimate color combo of 2x black w/red leather. Not green, not beige, gold, brown, silver like 90% of the low mileage survivors are. BIG DIFFERENCE! The car has under 4,000 miles with the original tires still on and loads of documentation. Go find another.

billyoung

Disclosure is critical for honesty. In the case of my car I am redoing although I am taking great pains to eradicate any rust and repair securely, once it is complete as my friend Steve Lamagna says a "little powder and a little paint makes it look like what it ain't", If anyone asks when done with regard to my car, did you start with a car with no rust my answer will be no, I started with a car with rot that anyone with money and brains would have said that is a parts car however having little of first and not much of the second I redid it anyway.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

badpoints

I get too caught up in the wording of the add, like a lawyer wrote it. The only time original is used is to describe the owner . Why say factory tires and not original factory tires. Factory tires could be factory correct tires. It says it left the factory in that color, doesn't say original paint?

ransac

Just as an FYI, I'm the guy in Chicago that bought the other black 73 Coupe referenced in this thread. I still have it and it now has 6400 miles on it.

Quote from: ransac on September 11, 2023, 06:02:31 PMJust as an FYI, I'm the guy in Chicago that bought the other black 73 Coupe referenced in this thread. I still have it and it now has 6400 miles on it.

Please post some pictures if you can. Have you done anything with it?

ransac

I'm too computer illiterate to post pictures, but the car is exactly as I bought it. While not perfect, it needs nothing. All I did was change all the fluids, belts, and hoses.