News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 Coupe Rear Seatbelt dimples. Help!

Started by dixoncj, January 14, 2024, 10:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dixoncj

Hey guys. Trying to find the rear seatbelt dimples in my 1962 coupe. I was hoping there would be threaded holes like up front. Nope.  The only obvious "dimples" -and I'm not convinced they are for seatbelts - are the extrusions in the attached photos. Numbered 1 and 4. But they seem too high and are dimpled "inward" towards the car interior  I took hi rez pix with my iPhone and it actually picked up what may be at least something like dimples on the pics. But they are not obvious to the naked eye at all. And I can't find the supposed ones by the rear tire indentations at all.  Sure doesn't look like what I'd expect from the serviceman bulletin diagram thats posted on several threads. Would welcome feedback.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Those are Spot Welds.

The Dimples will be way lower, below the bottom limits of the seat base, and will look like someone has been heavy with a Centre Punch.

They should be roughly in the positions where the belts would be if they were there.

Have a look at this thread.
https://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=163757.msg488907#msg488907

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

dixoncj

Thx. Will check it. Also gonna see if I can see the dimples from below. There is the rustproof coating on the sheetmetal, but it's not that thick. I'm almost wondering if that day in the Caddy plant they just didn't feel like punching in the dimples.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Those dimples would have been in the master press jig.   Would not have been done by hand.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon