News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Buttercup--my 1949 Coupe DeVille

Started by jyinger, December 08, 2014, 03:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyinger

I bought Buttercup 2 years ago from a guy in Oregon.  She had some rust, but not too bad.  And she needed a total frame-off restoration.

Since then she has had almost everything rebuilt, and all the body work done (with metal; almost no bondo), new hyrdoelectric system, all new wiring (matching the appearance of the original), new glass, new paint, upholstery is almost ready.  This week we plan to start her professionally rebuilt 331 cui engine.  And then the finishing touches---maybe another month?

Here are a few photos:  (you can see more at yingercars.shutterfly.com--click on Buttercup).

Jon Yinger  CLC#26643
49 Fleetwood (2)
49 CDV (2)
49 Convertible
52 Fleetwood
58 Eldorado Brougham
Jon Yinger

Walter Youshock

Wow!  How were you able to get all that done in 2 years?!

Beautiful!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

James Landi

harry s

Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

srk1941

WOW! That is my favorite car color...
Steven Keylon
1941 Cadillac Convertible Coupe
CLC# 16658

53 Roady

Beautiful car.  Do the rear quarter window cylinders have hoses or just a loop in the tubing?
Pat

Bill Young

First of all I feel the need to state how much I respect Your totally restoring such a limited production Cadillac. Next I wish to say SHE'S Beautiful!
Bill Young

jyinger

A loop in the tubing.

Bill:  Thanks for the kind comments.  More photos soon.
Jon Yinger

jyinger

Progress on Buttercup:

She's 98% finished.  Complete frame-off restoration.  Last stop:  the upholstery shop.

Here is the latest photo:
Jon Yinger

Bill Young

For the second time in Her long life she will be brand new. Not many get that chance.
Bill