News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Lily, My 1949 Fleetwood, is done!!

Started by jyinger, February 03, 2013, 11:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyinger

The frame-off restoration of Lily, my 1949 Cadillac Fleetwood is done!  Every nut and bolt is either new or refurbished.  Even the clock works.

I'll attach a couple of photos here, but you can see the entire story at:   www.yingercars.shutterfly.com

I'd love to hear your comments.

Next project:  the frame-off restoration of my 1949 Coupe DeVille, Buttercup (guess what color she'll be).
Jon Yinger

Mike Baillargeon #15848

There's nothing like a real nice Fleetwood..........yours came out really nice Jon!

I'm going to guess that the Buttercup 1949 Coupe Deville ain't going to be purple metallic.

Good Luck with both.

Mike B in Ct
Mike
Baillargeon

Andrew Armitage

Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
1941 67 Series
1966 Fleetwood 75 Series
1985 Seville
1991 Eldorado

Chasmann

Looks beautiful.Who did the work on the dash(transfer)Charlie M.
1949 SERIES62 4DR SEDAN                                      1936 SERIES 60 4DR TOURING SEDAN

harry s

Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Jon,

Just beautiful. You certainly have the right to smile with pride.

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

MB49Caddy

Fantastic - Looks great! From another '49 owner, I am jealous...in a good way of course.

MB
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

A. Amman #15293

Gorgeous job!  I really like the blue finish you chose.

Anthony #15293

Louis Smith

Can anyone offer an explanation of why some people give their cars female names? 

Chasmann

Yes it keeps the wife happy and hopefully out of your hair.Charlie M.
1949 SERIES62 4DR SEDAN                                      1936 SERIES 60 4DR TOURING SEDAN

harry s

After seeing the Utube video it is sort of self explanatory. That car is a SWEETHEART!!!
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Blade

The details of the dashboard just immaculate! Congratulations, fantastic work!

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Louis Smith on February 08, 2013, 03:55:11 PM
Can anyone offer an explanation of why some people give their cars female names?

Because your car occupies your time and money like a Mistress!    LOL.

I know many people who name their cars after the first owner (if a female).

Davidinhartford

Jon,

Lily is beautiful!    Congratulations!

R Sotardi #11719

Jon, beautiful car. I can't help but notice the vent window defroster ducts( at each end of the dash) appear like new. Are they new? If so, where did you obtain them. I would like to replace them on my 50, which are different. Since they  were only on 49s & 50s Steele Rubber won't make  them. Not  large enough market. Ron

jyinger

I'm pretty sure the vent ducts were, in fact, from Steele.  But I'll check that, because we need all the rubber--again--for our new '49 project, this time, a Coupe DeVille.
Jon Yinger