News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1964 fleetwood

Started by cadparts58, April 26, 2017, 05:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadparts58

I have had this car for five years. I've had my fun with it and it is time to pass it to a new care taker. It has 111,000 miles on the numbers matching engine and chassis. I did mechanical work to it to make it road worthy when I bought it. I replaced the exhaust manifolds (pulled the motor and transmission out to do this) replaced the front motor mounts, cleaned and painted the motor and transmission, replaced oil pan gasket, intake manifold gasket, valve cover gaskets. Changed all hoses and belts. Complete tune up, rebuilt carb, transmission resealed. I have done some electrical work, but still needs more. I repaired the wiring to the windows and seat and am including a better used harness with only one wire to repair(from Jason Edge). Also a newer window switch assembly(also Jason Edge). The front bumper ends are solid and the left rear has rot, but I have include a good used replacement. I have put about 500 miles on since the mechanical work. I have replaced the shocks, tires(radials) exhaust system(loud new muffler from a source that I am not happy with) brake shoes, cylinders, hoses, master cylinder, and all new steel lines front to back. I have removed all window regulators and cleaned and regreased. All vent window motor gears have been replaced and all eight windows work. There are issues with the windows working from the door locations, but the new harness should take care of this. The power door lock vacuum lines were all cut, but I replaced them. I am not getting vacuum to one side of the drivers door, but I think it may be disconnected some where along the circuit. The car has most options, eight windows, door locks, six way seat(working),power antennae(working) tilt wheel, cruise, head light dimmer headlight sentinnel(all three need work) power trunk(pull down cable frozen),comfort control(not working). The floors had some holes, but I repaired them with the POR patching kit and now they are solid. I replaced the rug and have include extra pieces to finish the B pillars. The car is Sierra gold with a special order full leather Sandalwood interior(original). It has a full Sandalwood vinyl top. The body has had work and the sides were repainted at one time, but the top half is original and faded. There is rot around and under the vinyl top. The only options missing are controlled differential, FM radio, and rear defroster. I have a clean NY state registration(titles in NY were not required until 1973). This car does run nice, but should be trailed for any long distances. I am sure I have left information out(old timers disease), but you can Email fpuma49@verizon.net or call 716 874 3223. The car is in Buffalo NY.
Frank Puma #10721

cadparts58

Like I said old timer's disease. I forgot to include the price. I am asking  $5000. firm Thanx Frank
Frank Puma #10721

russ austin

5K is a great deal. How bad is the roof rot?
R.Austin

cadparts58

It's up a couple of inches on both sides and under the rear window in the middle. It is not spongy, but I'm sure you'll find some holes when you peel back the vinyl top.
Frank Puma #10721

Jason Edge

Feel free to post to the 1963/64 Cadillac Website "for sale" forum at www.forsale.6364cadillac.com
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

cadparts58

Jason,
  It is already on the site. I posted it under for sale a couple of months ago.
Frank Puma #10721