News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: I found some interesting e...
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 11:44:57 PM
Does anyone know what engines Cadillac has been using in recent years?  I sort of tried some searching and could not really figure it out.  I'm assuming this guy has torn some down they just didn't happen to come out of Cadillacs.   I'm just curious if they are using any of the really crazy complex engines.

Watching these videos is making me think the 4100 was a pretty good and simple engine. Simple at least.
General Discussion / Re: Can't log in to access Sel...
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 11:40:04 PM
When I rejoined some 8 years ago or so, had been a non-member for a bit before, I was also a member in the mid-70s for one year. The Books said my old number was from a period of a year or so where it was no longer available. No records they said. Clay/Lexi
General Discussion / Re: Wiring
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 11:38:07 PM
The 368 isn't as well known as the 472/500/425 when it comes to swaps but I would expect the holes in the engine block to be the same so you should be able to swap the whole bracket off the 77 engine.

I'm not sure what wire you are talking about related to the air compressor, gonna need some more info on that one.  Is this a wire that car has but the new engine doesn't?  Or the other way around the new engine has something that there isn't a place to plug into your car?
For Sale - Cars / 1932 Fleetwood 355-B - Project...
Last post by Marc A. Thurston - Yesterday at 11:19:42 PM
For sale is a 1932 Fleetwood 355-B - 7 Passenger Cadillac project.  I have restored the engine, transmission front end / rear end, running boards, interior trim wood, steering wheel, and badges.  Sale includes new top, 5 wire wheels, side mount hardware along with other misc items.  The car is located in Fresno California. Asking $31,500.  M Thurston Thurston@asuassociates.com  661-889-6597.
From what I understand, previous Members retained their original Membership Number when they rejoined, but now that Cornerstone has taken over, maybe they were not made aware of this.

Would be nice to retain your old number.   I remember adding that number to your Profile.

Bruce. >:D
For Sale - Parts / 1956 thru 1960 Cadillac transm...
Last post by Doug Scarrow - Yesterday at 09:24:10 PM
Nice condition flywheel bell housing removed from a 1960 Cadillac also correct for late 1956 thru 1959 part number 3632783 no cracks or issues.  $100 plus $30 shipping USA just listed     https://www.ebay.com/itm/266787716272
General Discussion / Re: Vinyl Top
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Yesterday at 09:20:44 PM
Not sure what to advise, but whatever you do, do not be tempted by Armorall as the product and vinyl do not go well together.

Great for selling a car, but not for keeping it as in a short time, cracks will appear.   Car yards love it, but they are not keeping the cars.

Using it will give you a "greasy" surface which will attract dust, plus every time you touch it, you will end up with sticky fingers.   Good for brightening up tyres, but tyres get replaced regularly.

Bruce. >:D

General Discussion / Motor mounts
Last post by Clifton 77 - Yesterday at 09:16:47 PM
Good evening now that install my 368 in my 77 deville but the mounts are in the original spot but one side will bolt up and the other side are a little up and are on the rubber of the mount. I did the other side first and it's doing the same thing. I'm lost and need help figuring it out. Thanks.
For Sale - Parts / 1958 thru 1964 Cadillac Trans...
Last post by Doug Scarrow - Yesterday at 09:14:36 PM
 Correct complete front unit coupling fits 1958 thru 1964 Cadillacs Hydramatic transmission The covers alone sell for over $300 USD
This is a complete coupling with fresh seals and in very fine condition . No Cracks no leaks This unit is priced right !    $ 200 plus $30 shipping to US  Just listed.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/266787800087
General Discussion / Re: Can't log in to access Sel...
Last post by tcom2027 - Yesterday at 07:51:07 PM
Thanks,

It's nice to have another prewar Cadillac produced car, this time a made car that needs nothing but a little make work tinkering and detailing. In what seems like in a time long ago I restored two, a '41 coupe, '67 Deville convertible and the  major cosmetic resto of a '40 Sixty Special. I received a lot of help from club members while doing so. 

My wife and I both drive low mileage Cadillacs form the early two thousands, a 2001 DeVille and a 2002 Eldo, both with coach tops. 

Navigating the Byzantine world of the Clubs' security protocols is interesting. My credit union and credit card companies don't have as draconian security protocols as the CLCs.'

However I will be watching to see how seamless the transition to "members only contributions'' to the forums on the site will be. 

I can wait for next months' issue to become available. It's not that big a deal in spite of the time I spent posting and answering posts.

regards,

tony