News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1956 cadillac wiring

Started by lishka, June 26, 2018, 07:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lishka

does anybody know of a good wiring diagram for 1956 Cadillac

gary griffin

I like the laminated diagrams on eBay. The colors in the diagram are normally actual wire colors and the heavy vinyl covers make them easy to clean up after the jobs are done and I hang them on a garage wall or file them for future reference.  They say not necessarily accurate because of the various options possible but I have them for 4 or 5 cars and just ordered one for my 1957 Fleetwood. Well worth the approximately $20 in my opinion!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Lexi

Attached are the 2 wiring schematics from the 1956 Cadillac shop manual. With the odd exception, these are accurate. Clay/Lexi

lishka

thank you very much I think I traced all wires today

Lexi

Glad it helped Lishka. Having done extensive wiring on a 1956 Cadillac I have run across some errors in the diagram/s that GM had published in the shop manual. Can only remember the last one now, a wire on the neutral safety switch that did not agree with the color noted in the shop manual schematic.  Stuff like that. Somewhere, someone had posted corrections to this diagram I think. Anyhow, don't be surprised if you run into one of these errors as you work on your car. Might keep you from having a 'panic attack'. LOL. Clay/Lexi

Preacher141

I want to thank you for posting this.  Somebody ordered a diagram and half was missing.  No wonder I was lost on the harness that goes under the seats.  On the A/C fast Idle Solenoid, can someone tell me where the green and red  wires plug into for power?