News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1937 Cadillac Engine

Started by carlhungness, April 07, 2019, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

I have recently acquired a 1937 Cadillac flathead engine that came from a running car.
It is complete less fan and horn relay cover. It does have the air cleaner with the dual horns and they do work. The owner said the engine ran fine, and 'burned a little oil." The number stamped on the rear left of the engine is 3133320*. The front of the cast iron generator bracket has a crack in it that can be welded. I will crate and ship engine, but I expect the buyer to contact a trucking company to work out all details.
I believe the engine weighs right at 846 lbs. without a pallet. Price $850. I prefer a phone call at 812 273-2472

cwickadee

Is this engine still available? We own a 1936 series 70 convertible sedan and it appears the engine block is cracked, so we are looking to replace it with a more available later engine. Thanks!

Dave Wicker

carlhungness

Hi: The engine has been sold to a man who is going to put it and the transmission
in a Model A Ford. He'll do a lovely job. I don't know of another engine but always looking so I can pass along info.
Thanks, Carl H

DaveZ

A 37 will not go in a 36. They are differently mounted. 36 is a one year only with engine mounts coming off the front of the block.  A surplus Tank engine will do, but it has to have the bosses on the front of the bolt to mount the engine, as well as some other modifications.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B