News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Cadillac 472 engine and TH400 trans out of '70 Deville

Started by grantatx, June 27, 2019, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grantatx

Hi Folks,

Good running Cadillac 472 engine and TH 400 trans. Out of my 1970 Cadillac Deville convertible. This engine and trans was running in the car prior to me swapping in a fresh Caddy 500 build a few months ago. Trans shifts fine. Water pump and pulleys aren't shown in the pic but will come with the engine. Local pickup in Austin, TX only please.

I also have some other Cad 472/500 parts if you're interested, spare cylinder heads, a set of 472/500 headers to fit a 69/70 rear wheel drive Caddy that I will sell separately.

chrisntam

How is the '70 coming along?

Is the 472 and the transmission the ones that came w/ the car from the factory?  If so, why not retain them and when you sell/will the car to the next owner, they can go with the car?

I did that with my '75 olds convertible I had, many years ago, I pulled the 350, put it on an engine cradle, put in a 455.  When I sold the olds (to buy my '70), the original engine was part of the sale.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

grantatx

Hi Chris,

I'd considered that but moving house and the new place has a much smaller garage. What you've said makes sensed though, I might see if i can rent some cheap storage as keeping the original engine and trans would be nice.

Cheers,

Grant

grantatx

Quote from: chrisntam on June 27, 2019, 09:06:29 PM
How is the '70 coming along?

Is the 472 and the transmission the ones that came w/ the car from the factory?  If so, why not retain them and when you sell/will the car to the next owner, they can go with the car?

I did that with my '75 olds convertible I had, many years ago, I pulled the 350, put it on an engine cradle, put in a 455.  When I sold the olds (to buy my '70), the original engine was part of the sale.

Hi Chris, I finally got around to starting documenting the '70 build. I'll keep adding to it as I get time. Here's the link:

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=157063.0