News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1969 Coupe Deville Convertible Rear Lower Seat - Red Ostrich

Started by Eldorado James, August 28, 2019, 09:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldorado James

Ultra rare "1969 Coupe Deville Convertible Only" option.....Ostrich grained leather, red color.  I have ONLY the rear lower seat available, in pretty good original condition.  Contact me if interested.

Thanks!

EJ
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

Big Fins

If you are saying the Ostrich pattern is rare you need to look around at other '69's with leather. Or are you saying just red leather? Ostrich  was a '69 only thing as far as I know, but most every '69 with leather had the Ostrich pattern. It was cool looking interior too.

My '69 SDV had the Ostrich white leather.

I'm sure I'll get pounced on if I'm wrong.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Eldorado James

Quote from: Big Fins on August 28, 2019, 02:08:27 PM
If you are saying the Ostrich pattern is rare you need to look around at other '69's with leather. Or are you saying just red leather? Ostrich  was a '69 only thing as far as I know, but most every '69 with leather had the Ostrich pattern. It was cool looking interior too.

My '69 SDV had the Ostrich white leather.

I'm sure I'll get pounced on if I'm wrong.

LOL..no pouncing...if anybody gets pounced on it's probably me (I'm technically a 1971-76 Caddy guy...the 1969 is out of my zone).  I don't want to debate "rare", it's rather subjective to interpretation.  But only 16,000 Deville convertibles (various colors interiors) had them.  Perhaps "scarce to find for sale in pretty good condition" is a better phrasing? 

EJ
~Eldorado James~

Currently:

Big Fins

Any 50 year old interior in 'good' condition is scarce.

It read to me like you were saying that the Ostrich leather was rare. I guess it could be called that, because it was only found in 1969 Cadillacs and no other year that I know of.

I would love to have white Ostrich leather in my '76.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue Fire Mist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Cadillac Fleetwood

Big Fins:
You are correct, in that all DeVille interiors in leather had ostrich-grain leather in the seating areas (sierra grain in the bolsters).  It was a 1969-only pattern, and quite distinctive.  Interior color code 388, as shown on the red seat cushion, was a popular color choice. 

James:
I agree with your assessment - it is not common to find these in nice condition, what with these cars now being 50 years old.  The seat cushion could serve a '69 owner very well and upgrade their interior at the same time.  Moreover, the seat CUSHION (but not the BACKREST) is identical in both the Coupe and the Convertible.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Big Fins

Whew! I was holding my breath on that one, though I was sure I was right in that it was a 1969 only interior pattern.

Thanks Charles.
Current:

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Eldorado James

Quote from: Cadillac Fleetwood on August 28, 2019, 02:28:32 PM
Big Fins:
You are correct, in that all DeVille interiors in leather had ostrich-grain leather in the seating areas (sierra grain in the bolsters).  It was a 1969-only pattern, and quite distinctive.  Interior color code 388, as shown on the red seat cushion, was a popular color choice. 

James:
I agree with your assessment - it is not common to find these in nice condition, what with these cars now being 50 years old.  The seat cushion could serve a '69 owner very well and upgrade their interior at the same time.  Moreover, the seat CUSHION (but not the BACKREST) is identical in both the Coupe and the Convertible.

-Charles Fares

Hi Charles...I don't have any 1969 Dealership Interior Selections books (just all 70's)....so any Deville ordered with a leather interior was the Ostrich pattern?  Or just convertibles?  The source I read online (taken with proverbial grain of salt) said just convertibles.

EJ

~Eldorado James~

Currently:

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Gentlemen,

You're correct about the use in '69. However, ostrich grain was used for the pleated portions of the '61 Eldorado in all available colors.......I'm not busy today so this is just a bit of completely unnecessary information.
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Big Fins

Cadillac used that all the way back in '61, huh? Interesting. It would have been nice if this was offered across the board in leather interiors. It is very distinct.

No such thing as unnecessary info Ralph. I call it educational.
Current:

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille