News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

sold mint wiper transmission 39 and ??

Started by bariman, February 16, 2022, 07:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bariman

I have one NOS wiper transmission for 39 Cad/Lasalle.  It has linkage for the drivers side although the transmissions fit either side and the linkage can be changed.  $160 plus postage.

Buchholz001@bellsouth.net

Ohjai

'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

bariman

I think it will fit other cars if they use one that looks like the picture.  The appearance is pretty distinctive with the lines on the front of the transmission.

Tom Boehm

What makes these wiper transmissions fit a car or cars is the contour of the cowl in front of the windshield and the length of the arms. The Cadillac Master Parts Book 1935-1949 says this part will only be right for 1939 Cadillac series 61 and 1939 Lasalle series 50. These two cars use the same body, therefore the same contours. The 1940 Lasalle series 50 uses the same body but the book lists a different part number. Maybe because the arms are a different length.

The 1938 60s uses a different body so the contours will be different. The book says the same wiper transmissions for 1938 and 1939 Cadillac 60s. Part # 408 3864.   The 1940 and 1941 Cadillac 60s uses the same body as the '38 and '39 but the book lists different part numbers for each. Again maybe different length arms.

This is probably more than you wanted to know. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.