News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1928 ? Chassis

Started by Huey, October 28, 2023, 02:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huey

Guessing around a 1928 located in mukwonago wi. Pics and more info on aaca web site this is too difficult dealing with this here Thanks

Update, thinking it is a 28 Cadillac. If there's some part that may be on it that you could use let me know.151@att.net thanks again

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: Huey on October 28, 2023, 02:30:58 PMGuessing around a 1929 located in mukwonago wi. Pics and more info on aaca web site this is too difficult dealing with this here Thanks

Huey,   where on the aaca website?

can you post a link?

mike

Mike
Baillargeon

Tom Boehm

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

jp1gt

Look at the brakes and rear shocks. Also the sensor on top of the diff. Not a 28 or 29. Is it even a Cad?

dn010

Looks like a plug on the top of the differential, not a sensor. The broken cable thread make it appear as if it is a sensor. However it doesn't look like a Cad frame to me either.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

Huey

Here is a few pics guys

Huey

Has the same door on fender and that same round light as this 29 caddy,motor is caddy not sure what???

Huey

Here's pic of engine, maybe this will help id this thing

jp1gt

This is a weird one. I can tell you what it is not but not what it is!!!!

Huey

Here is a pic of a 29 on hemmings and a pic of the chassis I have it matches exactly if I look at rivet locations rear spreader bar and rear axle. I say it is a 29 but I do not know anything about caddy's just trying to identify it so any good parts can find a new home. Thanks fellas

Huey

Serial number on "mystery motor"

Johan Boltendal #158

Hi that's a '28 Cadillac engine number starting with 300001 ending 320001
 you should find a number on the frame
on the radiator crossmember at the left side, starting with a 3.... as well, to confirm the frame is '28.
Frame nr should be stamped on the left side, facing the engine so to speak.

Huey

Looked all over radiator crossmember for serial. Is it on top surface? Thanks

Johan Boltendal #158

This is where it is on my '30, left side of the front engine stand, should be in the same place kind off. Johan

Huey

Ahh I didn't really look down there too good I will take a look tomorrow. When you say left you are referring to driver side ? Correct? Thanks for the help.

Johan Boltendal #158

Indeed drivers side , remembered this morning, I have an orignal'28 parts book, that tells were to find i.d nrs. Looked it up and found;

The chassis nr. is stamped on the upper flange of the RH side bar,directly over the engine support.

This is all I can come up with, good luck finding the nr. Johan

Huey

Well I looked pretty much everywhere I thought it might be the frame must be a bit to rusty for it to have remained visible. I gently sanded and wire brushed and didn't see it. After a while I started thinking I was seeing numbers like looking in the sky at the clouds seeing things haha. Thanks everyone for the input.