News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

For Sale - Cars / Re: 1973 Fleetwood Brougham, N...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Today at 03:55:48 PM
  It's awfully odd that the odometer has landed exactly on 54,000 miles. It's possible, just odd.

Rick
Quote from: klinebau on Today at 03:08:34 PMIt looks like the brake hose threads into a block that is probably an inverted flare or AN fitting.  Neither of these types of fittings use a crush washer to seal.  The seal is made with the shape at the end of the threaded part.  I would presume that if it is bottoming out, then it is properly sealing.  If you can show us a detailed picture of the end of that threaded part, we can confirm.

You may be right about that. I was thinking about how the front hoses go on. But I stand by my earlier statement about the thread pitch. I have had this happen to me a couple times with overseas parts.

Rick
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1973 Fleetwood Brougham, N...
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Today at 03:37:47 PM
That is a nice looking 70's Cadillac I will agree.  Dealer I believe, but maybe not.  Anyway, $19,500 is likely reasonable but out of my ballpark. 
Clay,

The accessory price list shows the (suggested and dealer NET price) for both the basic and complete A/C kit with the additional prices for each of the model adapter kit (I believe you have this copy), I believe this price list does not include the cost of the kit installation by the dealer.   ???

This list would be for the factory version of the original A/C unit, no aftermarket units.

There was an aftermarket compressor mounting bracket (MAPCO) to install a York R. or a Tec H.G. compressor not sure what year(s) would this would fall as I only have the installation pages.

Attaching the specific files on my comments above, HTH.   ;)
It looks like the brake hose threads into a block that is probably an inverted flare or AN fitting.  Neither of these types of fittings use a crush washer to seal.  The seal is made with the shape at the end of the threaded part.  I would presume that if it is bottoming out, then it is properly sealing.  If you can show us a detailed picture of the end of that threaded part, we can confirm.
Quote from: Cadman-iac on Today at 02:11:18 PMAs for the hose being inverted/reversed, the front fitting should be a female thread, the tubing nut goes into it so inverting shouldn't be possible.

Rick

I hate when I don't think of the obvious. Sitting in a chair in the A/C is nothing like laying on your back looking at the job.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1959 Cadillac Flattop FOR ...
Last post by Big Fins - Today at 02:54:50 PM
Me either, but the right side of my head sure took a beating. I'm used to climbing in and out of either a Peterbilt or an F-150. Lotsa head room in both.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1959 Cadillac Flattop FOR ...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Today at 02:33:06 PM
Quote from: Big Fins on Today at 11:45:56 AMI banged the side of my head so many times on my Sedan de Ville. That lower flat top has to be a real head banger.

Too bad there are no interior shots.

Is the roofline really that much lower than the other models? It's always looked great to me being long and low, but I've never seen one of these sitting next to a 2 door so I can't tell.

Rick
For Sale - Cars / Interesting History 41 Cad fo...
Last post by marty55cdv - Today at 02:31:00 PM
  I spoke to the owner of this car last year he was looking for advise on keeping or selling pricing etc, it has been in the same family since new, if I remember correctly a son before heading to war urged his parents to buy a new car in anticipation of manufacturing stopping. It has been handed down since then. I have no idea how to value that sort of history but also understand the value is really only to the original family. To most its a car that needs restoration.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1941-cadillac-61-groton-ct-2790799
General Discussion / Re: Swap Meeting Advice
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 02:27:50 PM
Never been to Macungie but Hershey would be your better choice over Carlisle.