News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

741 of 8950 produced would represent 8.28% of all 1975 ELCs produced (assuming there were no more than 741). Must have been a very high volume dealership and a good chance it had been a former distributor.
Hendry's contributions to Cadillac history and the CLC's mission cannot be overstated. Very sad news.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1975 Order Codes
Last post by Warren Rauch #4286 - Today at 08:43:00 AM

From the 1976 Optional specification manual  page 27.

" Order number is composed of Alpha Body Style Code, followed by sequential number of dealer's orders from 1. e.g. J1, B2,etc."

These are the instructions for filling out order form 5600A. The E is only Eldorado conv. ,The coupe would be  H.
So E0741 is an Eldo conv ,dealer order 741.

Note it doesn't say if the orders start new each year (model or calendar),
 but I think that model year  would be the case.

Your order number ,would depend on your dealer.

Warren
General Discussion / Re: Maurice Hendry Passed Away
Last post by Carfreak - Today at 08:39:58 AM
The Motor City Region was aware from recent communications that Mr. Hendry's health was failing. 

Condolences to his family and friends for losing this kind & knowledgeable Cadillac authority. 
General Discussion / Re: Maurice Hendry Passed Away
Last post by druby - Today at 08:36:44 AM
Another great author has left us !
It is with a heavy heart that I convey to you all, I have been informed in the last few minutes that Maurice Hendry, our Patron and one of the 'Founding Fathers' of our NZ Cadillac LaSalle club passed away peacefully this morning (Friday 10th May 2024) in Takanini, Auckland, New Zealand.

On behalf of the worldwide CLC Club, I have passed on to the family our deepest sympathies and condolences and they will inform me of Service arrangements over the coming week.

Should any of you personally, Affiliates, Chapters or Regions of the global Cadillac club wish to forward me any messages or 're-collections' I will be collecting these to share at Maurice's farewell. Past memories or pictures also welcomed.

Send to Ron Melville (see attached)

Kind regards

Ron Melville,
Editor, FINZ Magazine of The Cadillac LaSalle Club of NZ (Inc)
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1959 Cadillac Flattop FOR ...
Last post by PhantomCaddy - Today at 08:23:42 AM
No its available! Never heard a word from the buyer!  Thats Ebay for you!!
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1959 Cadillac Flattop FOR ...
Last post by Dr.61Caddy - Today at 08:20:07 AM
Seen it on Ebay...I think its sold?
General Discussion / Re: Swap Meeting Advice
Last post by Tom Boehm - Today at 08:11:43 AM
The Cadillac and Lasalle Club is having their Grand National Meet this year in Gettysburg PA. There will be a Cadillac specific swap meet as part of that event. June 11-16. If you are considering Hershey, Carlisle, and Macungie, then Gettysburg is close to all those.

Look at the CLC website for details
General Discussion / Re: 1951 Caddy daily driver
Last post by Mowerhoarder - Today at 08:02:32 AM
Cadman,
Yeah, I really don't want to tear up the headliner any more than it already is. If I ever do get the headliner redone I'll probably re wire it but until then, it's a small issue.

Bob,
That would make sense, I've seen some Instagram videos of a dude opening the door of a 50' caddy and the dash lights came on so maybe that's what's supposed to happen? Either way, both of my bulbs are burnt out so I'm gonna throw some new ones in and see what happens.