News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz bucket seat "car"

Started by lowrider, October 25, 2014, 09:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on February 07, 2016, 08:50:57 PM
... looking at the tags when I think they were on ebay a while back but decided against buying them , think they went for around 2 grand or so ?

A single data tag for a 1960 Biarritz sold for $2,000 on eBay?  :o :o :o
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

rwchatham CLC 21892

Eric, no not a tag what sold was  this frame and engine and tag combo. The O P had it listed on the internet for 3500 and I think it ended up being listed on ebay where the package sold for 2 to 3 thousand if I remember correctly.
R. Waligora

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on February 08, 2016, 11:25:22 AM
Eric, no not a tag what sold was  this frame and engine and tag combo. The O P had it listed on the internet for 3500 and I think it ended up being listed on ebay where the package sold for 2 to 3 thousand if I remember correctly.

Thanks Ray. That is exactly the range I would have expected all the items listed in the original post to have sold for as a lot which the OP was wise to do as opposed to selling separately.

I wonder what the package would have sold for if 1959...

rwchatham CLC 21892

[/quote]

Eric, if it was a 59 package instead of a 60 I would wager it would sell for
10-20 K . That what makes restoring a  a 60 Eldorado a tough choice.  They cost just as much as a 59 to restore but only bring a fraction of what a 59 brings when it is time to sell. Ive done them both and can vouch a nice 59 will have people lined up where a 60 not so much. Personally it would have to be an S O tagged 60 for me to do another..
R. Waligora

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on February 08, 2016, 03:37:45 PM

Eric, if it was a 59 package instead of a 60 I would wager it would sell for
10-20 K . That what makes restoring a  a 60 Eldorado a tough choice.  They cost just as much as a 59 to restore but only bring a fraction of what a 59 brings when it is time to sell. Ive done them both and can vouch a nice 59 will have people lined up where a 60 not so much. Personally it would have to be an S O tagged 60 for me to do another..

Ray...I've always said a '59 sells for twice the money & 5x as fast as a '60.

patton6606@gmail.com

Whit

And here I sit with my Champaign '60 Barritz...you guys make me sad.

Whit

veesixteen

Here's a typical red interior ... but on a WHITE 1960 Eldo Biarritz.

Our friend "luvdg" (aka Marv Friedman) had a silver one for sale, many years ago, but I think it had matching silver trim; the small photo I have of that car does not show the interior well.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

76eldo

Putting together a car that starts with a vin place and a body tag is for the hustlers and flippers.

To me the original motor and frame have to be there for the car to be real.
Even if you use a different body shell, if it's not the original frame and engine it's a bit like Caitlyn Jenner.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)