News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

For Sale - Cars / Re: 48 Sedanette - $29K
Last post by James Landi - Today at 07:39:17 AM
JBL---thanks for posting... looks to be a great value ... apparently, the poster knows cars and how to represent them for interested purchasers.  Hoping a clc member investigates this one soon before it slips away. James
General Discussion / Re: Antifreeze lifespan
Last post by Cadman-iac - Today at 04:20:01 AM
Quote from: TJ Hopland on Yesterday at 10:35:39 PM15+?  They just come up with that since very few people have the same car for more than 10 years?

Seems like one step away from Shimmer floor wax/desert topping. What can't it do?
I guess I'm one of the few that'll keep a vehicle until the wheels fall off. I've replaced parts I bought with a lifetime warranty as far back as 1986 in some cases as I've still got the truck. But the good stuff usually lasts much longer anyway.
Yeah, it's a marketing ploy, they expect most people to trade out or sell before the warranty expires on the parts. One reason why most stuff these days is junk.
Shimmer huh? Lol!!

Technical / Authenticity / Re: adding an inline fuel pump...
Last post by toybox - Yesterday at 10:55:23 PM
Google Walt's Work Bench. Walt was a Cadillac guy on this sight for years and he has some very good points about this very thing among hundreds of others. I followed all his advice and experience when I restored our 46 coup and was never disappointed Tim
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1940 Lasalle Carpet
Last post by Abe Lugo - Yesterday at 10:54:07 PM
Tom- Thank you very much for the info.  I was too slow on a NOS Buick kit that showed up on eBay for 150.00  :(  my carpet is in dire need of an upgrade. 
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Converting hydraulic door ...
Last post by Abe Lugo - Yesterday at 10:52:11 PM
Hot about some pics! Thanks for reporting back.
How was the install?
Were you able to adapt your existing switches?
Very cool when an upgrade works out.  Especially the odd Hydraulic to electric window trick 8)
General Discussion / Re: Cadillacs in movies.
Last post by Abe Lugo - Yesterday at 10:48:38 PM
For a brief moment a 1941 Convertible Couple is in a couple scenes in Oppenheimer. 
It happens to look very much like my car. 
I happen to see the movie car at Disney's Dapper day expo and they let me sit it in.
Coincidentally the cars for sale. 
General Discussion / Re: Whats Up With Ebay
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 10:37:32 PM
Remember when you could search Craigs list?   I don't know what its like in other areas but in my area if you search for pretty much anything you get mostly wtb used motorcycle ads.
General Discussion / Re: Antifreeze lifespan
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 10:35:39 PM
15+?  They just come up with that since very few people have the same car for more than 10 years?

Seems like one step away from Shimmer floor wax/desert topping. What can't it do?
For Sale - Parts / NOS 15” Cadillac Wire Hubcaps
Last post by druby - Yesterday at 09:32:49 PM
I have (4) NOS Cadillac Wire Wheel Covers with lock set in the box ! Rare find in this shape ! $1000.00 OBO + shipping. NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING.
For Sale - Parts / Re: 1959 - 1960 Cadillac Cruis...
Last post by druby - Yesterday at 09:18:25 PM
Quote from: pininfarinacad on April 24, 2024, 05:06:43 PMAre you only selling what's on he picture? Is it 59 or 60? I cant see a neutral switch in the picture.
Thank you

This ?