News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

1972 Eldo convert

Started by badpoints, October 16, 2023, 10:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyoung

First impression, Looks good to me. A new carpet and some polishing work and nice car.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

The Tassie Devil(le)

But, shouldn't a car with red upholstery have red carpet as well?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

James Landi

Had a 72 with the same color interior--- the sun bleaches the carpets---  I suspect the driver's seat is not very presentable.  The seller says," no rust or rot." ---Mine had low mileage, the frame was good, but it did have internal rot behind the front fenders and holes in the floors. If someone is interested, a very close inspection is absolutely necessary.. The air ride likely doesn't work, and the rear end will require a work around lift.  Likely, the climate control won't work.  Also, because the convertible top switch carries the full load for the top motor, they are usually failing or have failed.  If it runs well, these are wonderful occasional cars for drives in on country roads.   THanks for posting....brings back fond memories.  James