News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: 1960 Sheet Metal Parts Pan...
Last post by Moody - Today at 06:56:19 PM
Be careful on some of these parts. They will fit only after some work because they're not an exact fit many times. Floor pans are the worst.
Harry
I agree.  I have been taken to task for asking out loud why we would want a chapter BUT I believe that if it leads to new members, those new members may buy an older Cadillac and restore, maintain or show that car.  I am a shapes guy, so when I see a car, modern or old, my eyes are taken to the car's styling.  I don't think I will ever "love" an Escalade, but they are neat vehicles. 
Yes that is great!  Now enjoy! 
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1941 75 Series $20,000 ...
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Today at 06:33:00 PM
Westminster Maryland,  Is there anyone close that can lay eyes on this car?  I am interested. 
For Sale - Cars / 1941 75 Series $20,000 Not ...
Last post by Bryan J Moran - Today at 06:31:15 PM
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/796781944857502

One year with no sale,

Selling for a friend. 1941 Cadillac La Salle (Imperial Limousine). Don't know much about the vehicle. Has all paperwork available as well as appraisal. Please call [hidden information] and ask for Emerson for more information. Asking price is $20,000 or best offer. No scams!
Thank you for looking! Still available! Come. Take a look
General Discussion / Re: McMaster Carr
Last post by David King (kz78hy) - Today at 06:12:49 PM
Grainger's is a competitor.

https://www.grainger.com
The ground wire mounts on the back side of each head and the flat end slides into a small bracket mounted on the firewall. Both heads have a ground strap and there are two brackets on the firewall mounted lower than the heads.
General Discussion / McMaster Carr
Last post by Rossoroo - Today at 05:29:48 PM
Does anyone know of a hardware supplier similar to McMaster-Carr?
I have bought hardware etc. through them in the past. A couple of years ago I had a ordered cancelled for no other reason than I was a Canadian resident. I pay in US funds and have a ship point in Washington state.
I took them to task yesterday to try to get an answer as to why they will sell to anyone else in the lower 48. Every other US company I've dealt with does not have an issue with where the billing address is and most will gladly ship where ever you ask. I reiterated that I pay in USD and they ship to a US address what could the problem be.
I'm Canadian is problem apparently. Blatant discrimination, you bet.
Anyways I'd like to move on and hope that businesses run by people like that get what's coming to them.
But I am looking for a business with an extensive hardware inventory like theirs.
Any suggestions?
Congrats Bill !....Car looks great !....alot of hard work there.....good luck at the show !!

Mike
Restoration Corner / Re: 1969 Cadillac DeVille Proj...
Last post by R Simone - Today at 02:19:51 PM
The car is back down on the ground (with the engine much easier to reach!) and we're starting to bolt on all the pieces including mostly new AC components. I had Bowen's rebuild the carb over the winter and it looks like new!  During reassembly I'm also realizing some misc. brackets and parts that I should have cleaned and painted. Luckily my friend has talked me into slowing down and taking care of them now so I don't regret it. Today I cleaned and painted the air pump bracket, pulley, etc. Probably not many hours from having it running, but we usually only get a few hours here and a few hours there instead of long stretches of time.