News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1962 cornering lamps

Started by hotrodln, May 05, 2024, 07:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrodln

My Cornering lights have never worked on my 62. the bulbs are good, the wires that i can see are in good shape. I read once that there was a wire in the steering column that goes bad. Has anybody fixed this before? Thanks patr
Pat Prendergast

Big Fins

Remove the bulbs first and check the circuit with a test light. It may just be a weak or corroded ground in the socket.

Ignition on or running with the turn signal lever set to the position of the offending bulb(s).
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

hotrodln

OK So i remembered reading about this on a forum for 61's and 2'S a long time ago. forum is gone now, but i remember somebody writing about a little green wire that breaks in the turn signal...so i spent a rainy sunday taking the steering wheel off..and digging around.and look what i found. a little green wire broken. Soldered it and now they work. First time in about 25 years!
Pat Prendergast