News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Recent posts

Isn't the ElDorado's transmission a TH425 or 450?
General Discussion / Re: Can You Spot The Cadillac?
Last post by cadillacmike68 - Today at 06:35:32 PM
That was too easy.
General Discussion / Re: Why Did I Receive This???
Last post by cadillacmike68 - Today at 06:34:50 PM
Quote from: Bryan J Moran on Yesterday at 05:05:34 PMWho are you?  I thought there was a rule about 5 years ago that everyone needed a name in their sign on or footer. It might be of your own volition but since we don't know who Carfreak is that doesn't help much. It's frustrating to some when Lars would not say "I was the one who placed this motion to the board for vote" even though he is an Admin on this forum.  Now we get a person referencing themself as Carfreak saying "I'm a board member and I voted for the change". 

I guessing that carfreak's first name starts with "S" and his last name is "Pashukewic".
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1937 Series 75 Fleetwood, ...
Last post by harry s - Today at 06:33:06 PM
The trouble with parting out is there is not much demand for parts for cars of that era. When you have sold the good stuff there is the carcass left to deal with not to mention space has been taken up during the part out period. BTW  I do have an engine.    Harry
Close enough Bill ! 
Remember to tighten it up once in a while. Don't ask me why I recommend this.
Those folks have lots of parts that work on our Cadillacs.
Technical / Authenticity / 1970 DeVille heater core chang...
Last post by rms70 - Today at 06:08:03 PM
Heater water valve inlet was clogged and rusted. Figured I would flush core before installing new one and ,of course, the core leaks. Shop manual says to remove the entire blower assembly and motor but won't I also  have to remove the AC evaporator cover which  might mean opening the system? Looking at the heater core cover near the inlet and outlet tubes there appears to be  a full length vertical seam which separates the heater cover from the AC evaporator cover. Does the blower assembly split at this point? Also on the cover I see the bolts to remove but there are about 5 points where I can see a screw has been threaded through on the reverse side. I read about the 4 in car screws which are difficult to access. If I understand correctly they are for securing the core itself but do they go through the heater blower cover? Core replacement seems  straightforward but it seems as if the shop manual is a little vague on details.

Rob
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1940 Lasalle Carpet
Last post by Tom Boehm - Today at 04:36:11 PM
Also, The original poster of this thread was not a member so it looks like he will not respond anymore. He could see our responses without a reply.
General Discussion / Stuck Engines
Last post by gkhashem - Today at 04:32:31 PM
This would be a first for me, I am going to be looking at a car that was taken out of long term storage with a stuck engine.

What should I be looking for so as to have some comfort that there was no damage done freeing it up.
General Discussion / Missing 1968 Cadillac trim par...
Last post by billyoung - Today at 03:04:05 PM
When new, on the bottom of the front license plate bumper opening there was a small trim piece that covered the split in the middle where the bumper was stamped. It was held on with a phillips head screw and they years later are almost always missing and there seems to be no spares ( I have searched ). So I obtained a 1/4 inch square piece of brass and formed one myself from memory of the one on my Mothers 1968 Cadillac that she bought at one year old. 4 hours of labor later, done, My memory works that way.