News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

What's Going On Here

Started by 59-in-pieces, May 08, 2024, 12:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

59-in-pieces

A new private message - I just received this private message by email link from here directing here, just like any other PM.

"GREEN*
Activated member
Green   

1959 Eldorado Biarritz Bucket Seat Rear Rectangular SS Trim
Sent to: 59-in-pieces on: Today at 10:17:58 AM
Hey 59-in-pieces, FMP Airsoft has 1959 Eldorado Biarritz Bucket Seat Rear Rectangular SS Trim  that might be applicable to your need. I would advice to email him for pictures if you're still interested. I suggest email because he his yet to upload pics to the forum which give me assurance that he hasn't sell it.. Adamclaystore@yahoo.com"

I this for real.
Step in ADMINISTRATORS - STEPHAN.

Have fun??
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Cadillac Jack 82

Yes I received a message from this person too. 
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

I normally do not ban members; the moderators look after this. But I think it is quite obvious that he is a scammer.

Stefan
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725

The Tassie Devil(le)

I tried to see who he was, but cannot locate him as a Member.

Do you have the ID or name that he used when posting the PM?

The reason that the posting looks odd is that he simply Copied the whole page, including the heading and information at the left side, and pasted that to the message.

Thanks,

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

59-in-pieces

Bruce,

This is what I received, which looks Kosher, like every other notice from the forum that I have a PM and how to get it and respond to it by the blue links.

How is this getting through our nifty new barrier system - or is this guy a real dues paying membe5 MEMBER.

"Cadillac & LaSalle Club Discussion Forum

To:
Steve B.

Wed, May 8 at 9:05 AM

You have just been sent a personal message by Green on Cadillac & LaSalle Club Discussion Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

Read this Personal Message here: https://forums.cadillaclasalle.club/index.php?action=pm;pmsg=44366#msg44366

Reply to this Personal Message here: https://forums.cadillaclasalle.club/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=44366;quote;u=25897

Regards,
The Cadillac & LaSalle Club Discussion Forum Team."
S. Butcher

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The membership requirement was delayed until the 15th to give everyone a chance to get their account credentials set up.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

The Tassie Devil(le)

Steve,

I have tried searching for GREEN, Green, "GREEN* "GREEN" but still nothing.

If you can send me a complete copy to my personal email address, it might assist further.

Thanks,

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

RedCarpetCad

We received a message from "Green" as well about a part we were looking for. The private message says someone named Foxsnout has the part we're looking for but gave the same Adamclaystore@yahoo.com email. Yes, it appears to be another scammer.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Definitely a spammer, but until we can get some clearer information so we can act, there is not much we can do.

The only way the PM system can be used is by another Member.

Hopefully, when Steve can send me the information, I should be able to complete the banning process.

BUT, up till then, everybody, please be careful.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

I have already banned the offending registration, that is why it does not show up in searches

Stefan
Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

The Tassie Devil(le)

Thanks Stefan.

Even though the person has been banned, Members must be vigilant in replying to all PM's, as Spammers will do their darndest to attack.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

59-in-pieces

A simple question - Is the messaging system secure from non-dues paying members posting - yes or no.
The last post from Bruce seems to indicate NO - we all need to police our own messages.

I'm sorry, if our regular posts are secure from non-members posting - reading is OK - then why not the PM activities.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

The Tassie Devil(le)

What I am saying is that even though a person who has been banned, there may be messages that he posted before being banned, but message recipients might not have opened them, or realised that there was a message for them.

I am not exactly sure how the computer stuff works, but banning a Member, only puts a ban on future activities by that person.   Whenever I ban anyone, I make sure that all their previous postings have been removed from the Forum, but as one must realise, nobody has access to another Members Personal Messages, which is how it should be.   Does that make sense?

Non Dues-paying Members, after the 15th May will not be able to use the PM System.

Nobody can just look at the Forum, and send messages via the Personal Message System.   And, never could.   They had to register.   Now, after the 15th May, only Dues-paying CLC Members will be allowed to access the Forum, and if they are newly joining, they cannot automatically join, but have to be approved by the Administrators or Moderators.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

Abe Lugo

do you guys happen to have parts wanted ad in the classifieds or mentioned on a post that you were looking for something?
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on May 10, 2024, 11:15:55 PMA simple question - Is the messaging system secure from non-dues paying members posting - yes or no.
The last post from Bruce seems to indicate NO - we all need to police our own messages.

It was always the case that forum membership was required in order to use the PM system. As I mentioned above, the dues requirement for forum participation was delayed until the 15th. Therefore between now and then, full access to the forum remains open to the general public, thus the ability to send/receive PMs. After that, the only PMs you should be receiving will be from dues paying CLC members only. 

Art Director

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on May 11, 2024, 12:07:19 AMNow, after the 15th May, only Dues-paying CLC Members will be allowed to access the Forum, and if they are newly joining, they cannot automatically join, but have to be approved by the Administrators or Moderators.

Hey Bruce, I thought the general public could view the Forum, but not be able to send PMs nor post messages.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Bryan J Moran

Tim, key word there is "access".  Non members will be able to view but not navigate any content. If they see a thread they would like to comment on, or scam on, then they need to be a member, pay the $25 and join.
CLC 35000

View only. Not participate.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Art Director on May 11, 2024, 07:12:46 PMHey Bruce, I thought the general public could view the Forum, but not be able to send PMs nor post messages.
G'day Tim,

By Accessing the Forum, I was meaning looking at it.   To go deeper, then one has to join.

Anyone joining since the 1st May, has to be authenticated before they can go further.   Many have passed through the process, but some have been rejected due to a number of reasons.   IP address is a Spammer, email address is a Spammer, and incorrect Membership Number.

Spammers trying to get in are not approved, and some with an incorrect Membership Number have been sent emails to supply the correct information before they get in.

Moderators are working behind the scenes to weed out the spammers.   Remember, Spammers will still try.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

Lexi

Have tried to make a few posts today without success. Internal server error or some similar message keeps popping up. Is this related to the fast approaching changes or something new, possibly at my end? Clay/Lexi