News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

Cadillacs in movies.

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, May 02, 2024, 10:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just checked TCM for 8:00 PM tomorrow evening EDT. Steve Martin (I believe) drives a 1941 Cadillac 60S in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid."
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Abe Lugo

For a brief moment a 1941 Convertible Couple is in a couple scenes in Oppenheimer. 
It happens to look very much like my car. 
I happen to see the movie car at Disney's Dapper day expo and they let me sit it in.
Coincidentally the cars for sale. 
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

jwwseville60

Oppy really did have a couple of convertible Cadillacs.
I recommend the new book on him.
The man had class and brains.
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

colorado4x4

1970 Cadillac Deville......Many Saints of Newark.....a young Anthony "Tony" Soprano and his father Giovanni Francis "Johnny Boy" Soprano
Rocky Mountain Region Membership Chair & Treasurer
1970 DeVille Convertible Chateau Mauve Firemist
1970 DeVille Convertible Lanai Green Metallic

59-in-pieces

Abe,

What is Disney's Dapper day expo.
Would you give us the scoop.
Sounds interesting - especially anything Disney.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

1941 Series 62 convertible sedan driven by the main character in Bugsy (1991). I heard the car was repainted this color for the film because of better visibility in night time scenes.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

MickeyCaddy

My black 1955 Series 62 sedan had the privilege of appearing in "Oppenheimer" twice, as Robert Downey Jr.'s "character car".

In early 2022 a call went out via the SoCal CLC branch for a 1953 sedan. I was told they couldn't find one (go figure), and the search was expanded to include 1954-55 models.

My black '55 was chosen, and appears twice in the movie. Once at 1:03:18, in black and white, with Downey Jr (as "Strauss") in the back seat; and again at 2:23:51, in color, when Strauss tells Oppenheimer "Take my car, I insist", and Oppenheimer gets in the left rear door. The next scene continues the story, with Oppenheimer riding in the back seat.

My car isn't seen very clearly or for very long, possibly because it's too new a model to be in those scenes. But when Oppenheimer is riding in the back seat, you can look to the left side of the center of the frame, above his shoulder, and see the red glow of the taillamp up above the rear fender – not possible with pre-1954 models. There's not enough visual evidence to prove it's mine, but I do have the canceled checks.

My '55 also appeared in season 2, episode 9 of "The Afterparty" on AppleTV, where it's quite visible.

Both were experiences were a lot of fun, especially when "Oppenheimer" was awarded the Oscar for Best Picture!

Michael Chanslor
CLC member #29849
CLC member number 29849

jwwseville60

What other car brand even comes close in movies?
Maybe Porsche?
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Abe Lugo

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on May 04, 2024, 11:50:43 AMAbe,

What is Disney's Dapper day expo.
Would you give us the scoop.
Sounds interesting - especially anything Disney.

Have fun,
Steve B.

Dapper Day is a specific date Fall and Spring at the Disney Parks.  Where people dress dapper as in dressing like the old times.  Or go Disneybounding.  Sort of cosplaying their favorite Disney characters.  The Expos was Spring and Fall.  But now it's just Spring.  At the Expo you can purchase Dapper Clothing and bits.  Usually there is live music and dancing and usually they have a fancy car.  Most likely a Cadillac.

It's good time.  Check dapperday.com for more info 
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

59-in-pieces

Abe,
How cool was that.

Thanks & have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

cadillacmike68

Lots of Cadillacs in the Dirty Harry series of films and several episodes of Columbo have Cadillacs.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Art Director

"Undercover Brother." The lead actor, Eddie Griffin, drives a 1970 DeVille Convertible.

There's a cheesy scene in the beginning with some special effects where he does a 360 in the car and doesn't spill a drop of his Big Gulp.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

TMoore - NTCLC

I am sure that many members already know about this, but I think they have done an incredible job of cataloging Cars in Movies at this site:

IMCDB - Cadillacs

This makes it incredibly easy to find movies with a specific year or model car - even some pretty obscure titles (or in my case, a pretty obscure vehicle - 1942 Series 67)

Cadman-iac

Quote from: TMoore - NTCLC on Yesterday at 01:20:51 PMI am sure that many members already know about this, but I think they have done an incredible job of cataloging Cars in Movies at this site:

IMCDB - Cadillacs

This makes it incredibly easy to find movies with a specific year or model car - even some pretty obscure titles (or in my case, a pretty obscure vehicle - 1942 Series 67)

Cool site, thanks for the link.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"