News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Can't log in to access Sel...
Last post by Carfreak - April 27, 2024, 06:13:46 PM
Tony,

Was 8589 or 8985 both of which are showing in your profile & post possibly your Receipt # when you joined the CLC  recently?

According to our online Member Directory, your Member # is 35200. 

If you joined in late March 2024, you should have received a New Member Welcome Package from the CLC Office Manager, Cornerstone Mgt.
General Discussion / Re: Wanted: CLC Escalade Owner...
Last post by Bryan J Moran - April 27, 2024, 06:12:58 PM
All true, if Escalades are your thing great.   But collect them? Preserve them?  Jason's description is that they are dependable and comfortable. Yes, agreed.

Do we look for low mileage examples to preserve or restore like older Cadillacs?  Probably not. 

Cimmarons, Cateras and other odd balls are attempts by Cadillac - or more correctly - GM to stay relevant when trends start. 

General Discussion / Can't log in to access SelfSta...
Last post by tcom2027 - April 27, 2024, 05:59:22 PM
I've been locked our from viewing the SS by way of my email account. I used my email address and membership number to do so.

And yes... I do have a VPN and I reset my to my home server in San Francisco to log in. Can I access the SS on this site?

Thank you and regards,

tony, 8985
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Squeaking belts on '61 Dev...
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - April 27, 2024, 03:18:23 PM
Chalk.  Rub a piece of white chalk against the belt while running.  Problem solved.
Technical / Authenticity / Squeaking belts on '61 Deville
Last post by ZGJim - April 27, 2024, 03:05:12 PM
The belts on my non-AC Deville squeak loudly when they get warmed up.  Have tried belt dressing and cleaning the inside of the pulleys with emery paper and scotchbrite. No improvement.  The belts are new and correct according to the listing at O'Reilly's.  The belts are the notched style. Gates belts #7550 and 7575.
Has anyone found a cure for this problem?

Thanks,
Technical / Authenticity / Re: '61 Water Pump
Last post by ZGJim - April 27, 2024, 02:58:37 PM
It turns out the pump was an older reproduction.  Had it rebuilt by Dan Bailey at Tri Parts in Michigan.  He did a fine job at a very reasonable price.

Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1973 Eldorado convertible ...
Last post by bcroe - April 27, 2024, 02:25:04 PM
The rotating field is initially energized by some
current from the GEN light, sometimes a big alt
will have a second bulb in parallel to give more
start current (like my diesel).  Once the rpms
produce output thru the main rectifiers to the
output stud, the small diode trio also produces
voltage to fully energize the field, and GEN
goes out.  Sometimes a main rect diode opens,
causing a voltage spike on that phase, which
can flow thru the diode trio and light the bulb. 
Max output also decreases. 
I would check all the diodes.  Bruce Roe
General Discussion / Re: 55 deville clock repair
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - April 27, 2024, 12:50:26 PM
Had that problem with my old 55.  Clacked as opposed to work.
General Discussion / Re: Wanted: CLC Escalade Owner...
Last post by Carfreak - April 27, 2024, 12:27:02 PM
Quote from: Bryan J Moran on April 27, 2024, 05:01:43 AMAre we really there? Where there will be an Escalade class to be judged next to the 60s and 70s ?

Lost in this example is that Escalades were badge engineered Chevy Tahoes and Suburbans. Still are. 

How successful is the Cimarron Chspter?   Escalades certainly helped stabilize the brand when car sales fell to nothing and Cadillac had nothing in the SUV pipeline, but to celebrate Chevy Suburbans as a possible Chapter is a bridge too far. 

Did anyone even ask Mr Anderson (or whoever would write it) to draft an authenticity manual for the Escalade class?  That would almost kill the morale of what is left of the pre war attendees at GN and regionals. 

70s Sevilles have Olds engines as do sought after 79 Eldos.

94-96 Broughams came with Chev LT1 engines. The cars are smooth, fast & gorgeous.

Doesn't seem like members have a problem with these cars. And recently have even seen a few WTB Cimarron ads. 

And remember the CLC originally only allowed pre-war Cads & LaSalles.
General Discussion / Re: 1976 Eldorado Convertible ...
Last post by TJ Hopland - April 27, 2024, 11:32:08 AM
$50k for a 4100 car?  I guess if you just want to look at it?