News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

wanted to buy 59 convertible driver side rear quarter window frame

Started by Kevin Weinstein, February 10, 2009, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Weinstein

I know 1959 convertible quarter windows frames are hard to find.  But, rather than remove mine and have a hole for next two months, does anyone have a repairable drivers sice rear quarter window frame tha I could repair and then remopve my broken but functional frame and window when the new one is ready to install?  Perhaps i could rent one if you don't wish to permanentlt part with yours and then replace it with my old one when I remove it.    Ok to email me privately but i don't know how to take block off.   KevinWeins@aol.com  cell 609 320 1957

Walter Youshock

I believe the same frames were used on other convertibles like Buick and Olds.  I'm not sure, but MAYBE Chevy as well?!

A '59/'60 expert needs to weigh in.  I'd like to know myself!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Dan Marinola

The side windows for GM cars of 1959-1960 that are the same are the Buick Electra 225, the Oldsmobile 98, and all 59-60 Cadillac convertibles. The smaller body styles like the Chevy and Buick Lesabre windows are about 3 inches shorter and will not work.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I think those frames have been reproduced. NOT cheap, but an instant fix. HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Dan Marinola

Just looked on Ebay and saw that Cadillac International in Sparkill,New York has a complete set of repro window frames for sale. Maybe he sells separate pieces. Hope this helps.

Kevin Weinstein

those N Y  reproducions do not include lower metal on quarter windows that always breaks.  I still need a repairable drivers side rear quarter or must find someone who is reproducing them

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

There is someone who did the bottoms. I think they were in Arizona & possible advertised in Hemmings. The guy at Cadillac Intl. SHOULD  know who it is IF he will tell you. Someone on the board with a 59 or 60 might have some info. I think this subject was discussed some years ago. HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Quentin Hall Australia

G'day from Down Under,
                               I bought a repro pair off ebay they are cast in brass and very strong, unlike the originals which always crack in the middle. They still needed cleaning up for chrome plating though. Username of seller was olddeadcaddy if I remember. Otherwise just keep an eye out on ebay. They were $150 each I think.
                               I am looking for a pair of the electric winder mechanisms for 59 or 60 conv rear windows ie motors and arms. and does anybody have a spare cog for the electric motor as it is a larger diametre . If you know 59 convs you'll know what I mean.
                              Regards. Quentin.    

Bigmac10

Has anyone been able to locate someone who is reproducing these?

Quentin Hall

Gee old thread (can’t even remember the brass frames, must have been flat n a Biarritz I sold) and whilst I’m not playing with 59s presently I can possibly help in a while .  I have a pair of original 59 frames ... but I don’t want to sell atm. But.... I have made these in stainless for 59s and 53 Eldos successfully. Do you need one or a pair? Where are you?
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz