News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959-1960 Authenticity Manual - Debut

Started by 59-in-pieces, January 07, 2024, 11:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

59-in-pieces

I received a phone call last week from Bill Anderson - Chief Judge, saying that the production of the Manual has been completed, and tentatively estimated to be available for sale and distribution around mid-January.

He told me that the Manual is about 575 pages with 2,500+ color images.

He also told me that he expects to do an all CLC membership (5,000 +/-) "email blast" formally announcing the availability of the Manual, method of purchase, and price plus a variable additional amount for the shipping costs, depending on the location of the buyer (domestic or foreign).  The Manual will be shipped (approx. 2 pounds) in a Post Office cardboard box, to avoid damage during shipping.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

cadman59

Great news! Looking forward to it...
Feiko Kuiper - Netherlands (Europe)

1959 Cadillac Series SixtyTwo 6-Window Sedan
https://instagram.com/feikokuiper

Lexi

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Congrats to all the people who worked on this project.
Over 500 pages -- that's quite a large volume.  I worked
on the Class 15 Manual years ago and that was a much
smaller book but still quite a bit of effort.  Again.
great job!
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

R S Steven

THAT IS GREAT NEWS!
Thank you to all that have worked on it, its been a long time coming!  Thanks again!
Bob

cadman59

I ordered the new 1959-1960 Authenticity Manual last week, and it is now on its way to the Netherlands. 
I can't wait for it to arrive here, I'm very curious!

Gabe Davis

Mine came in last week. I've been doing a little light reading. Well heavy reading, this thing is huge!

I'm not complaining, but there are a lot of formatting issues in this first edition. There are many, many typos and words that look like they may have been auto corrected to the wrong word.

The biggest thing that bothers me though is that almost all of the photos have been scaled in a way that changes them from their original aspect ratio. Parts and locations can be hard to make sense of after being stretched or squeezed.

But other than those publishing issues, it has been a wealth of information so far. I have learned quite a lot and still have much more to explore.

Thank you to all that contributed to its creation!
1959 Coupe DeVille
Rosewood with Dover White Top

59-in-pieces

S. Butcher

cadman59

Quote from: Gabe Davis on February 16, 2024, 08:19:24 AMThere are many, many typos and words that look like they may have been auto corrected to the wrong word.

The biggest thing that bothers me though is that almost all of the photos have been scaled in a way that changes them from their original aspect ratio. Parts and locations can be hard to make sense of after being stretched or squeezed.

Received a package from the States yesterday containing the long-desired 1959-1960 Authenticity Manual.

Gabe didn't say anything too much; a huge book (over 586 pages!) and very informative! This will cost me additional money and require work, because I have already seen quite a few things that are not original on my '59 and therefore need to be improved.

For example, I was convinced that I had the correct black plastic cap on my master cylinder, but not so... So we will have to look for a correct original aluminum cap. Although I am almost certain that there is no one here in the Netherlands who will ever notice, I know now and I just prefer to have things like this correct.

Those typos and wrong words Gabe was talking about honestly don't bother me that much, but those distorted photos that Gabe was also talking about are indeed disturbing. After the photo debacle here on the forum, we all know now how terribly important photos are, and fortunately the vast majority are extremely usable.

Gathering information, photos and putting together this thick book must have been a gigantic job, so I am extremely grateful to its creators.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Feiko Kuiper

Gabe Davis

Quote from: cadman59 on February 21, 2024, 01:51:07 AMThis will cost me additional money and require work, because I have already seen quite a few things that are not original on my '59 and therefore need to be improved.

I am in the same position. Although my Coupe DeVille is a pretty original car, there are some small things that could be implemented to get it closer to original.

Quote from: cadman59 on February 21, 2024, 01:51:07 AMI know now and I just prefer to have things like this correct.

I feel the same way! :D Mine likely will not ever be a 100 point show car but she is a survivor and a driver and I like the idea of keeping things as stock as possible. Having a resource such as this manual is an excellent way of helping us all preserve these cars and keep the little details from being lost to history.

1959 Coupe DeVille
Rosewood with Dover White Top