News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 glass trim front and rear upper stainless

Started by mcerda123, February 19, 2024, 01:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcerda123

Hello Im removing the front and rear glass stainless from my 1960 series 62 car.  I believe the top front has studs go into the car under the front headliner area.  Would that be the same case for the rear?  Any other resources on how to remove the glass trim and door beltline trim?

Eldovert

Hi Manuel,
Take a look at a set of clips on ebay, search  "1959 Chevy Impala 2-Door Hardtop Rear Back Glass Window Reveal Molding Clip SET" that will give you an idea of the number of clips that are bolt on.They can be accessed by removing the inside trim around the back window and through the inside of the trunk.
Cheers,Pat MacPhail

cadman59

Pat,

Are these Chevy clips the same as these in '59-'60 Cadillacs?
And are there differences between the 2-door and 4-door that you know?

Feiko
Feiko Kuiper - Netherlands (Europe)

1959 Cadillac Series SixtyTwo 6-Window Sedan
https://instagram.com/feikokuiper

Eldovert

Hi Feiko,
The two door clips are the same. The four door would have the same front clips but I would guess that the rear clips would be different? I am not sure because I don't have a four door to compare.
Cheers,Pat MacPhail

mcerda123

I figure it out and I actually prefer it much more than using the press on clips.

The lower rear trim has studs with nuts removable from the inside of the trunk.  The rest of the rear glass trim was on with clips.

The front top trim has studs accessible by removing the interior stainless and pulling back the headliner a couple of inches.    The front lower is attached by small screws accessible from removing the wiper cover grill.  The front side trim is removable using a trim removal tool.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to remove?

mcerda123

Quote from: Eldovert on February 20, 2024, 09:15:41 AMHi Manuel,
Take a look at a set of clips on ebay, search  "1959 Chevy Impala 2-Door Hardtop Rear Back Glass Window Reveal Molding Clip SET" that will give you an idea of the number of clips that are bolt on.They can be accessed by removing the inside trim around the back window and through the inside of the trunk.
Cheers,Pat MacPhail
tHANK yOU!!

Moody

There are two additional bolt on clips. One at each top corner of the rear window.
Moody