News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 front fender interchangablility

Started by MidModCad, April 18, 2024, 04:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidModCad

Have some bubbling in my coupe's left front fender and I'm on the hunt for a replacement. Prior forum posts were pretty certain that '61 and '62 are not interchangeable without modifications, however since then I've found a nice '62 fender in a salvage yard. Their Hollander interchange book says that the two years are interchangeable. Has anyone made the switch, and if so any problems?  Thanks.

Clewisiii

At least the holes for the top of fender turn lights are not the same.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Caddyholic

use the 62 top trim and turn signal lights
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

MidModCad

I'm only replacing one fender and the trim is different from '61. I'm getting that the holes for the '61 top fender trim and lower vaned filler panel differ from the '62 top trim and side parking light.  Sounds like metal work to convert, yes?