News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

SCAM

Started by Tucker6077, April 23, 2024, 09:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tucker6077

There is a person posing as Ethan Myers that is a SCAM. Do not send money to this Idiot

Tom Boehm

I hope the change in membership requirement in May will reduce or eliminate the scams. I recently posted a part needed notice and I only got two responses. Both were scams. The buy and sell parts section of this forum has been made useless by the scams.

I don't want this thread to become another debate on the merits of the change except the effect on scams. There have been many threads locked on that topic already.

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

Quote from: Tom Boehm on April 23, 2024, 12:46:30 PMI hope the change in membership requirement in May will reduce or eliminate the scams. I recently posted a part needed notice and I only got two responses. Both were scams. The buy and sell parts section of this forum has been made useless by the scams.

I don't want this thread to become another debate on the merits of the change except the effect on scams. There have been many threads locked on that topic already.
We expect the scammers to drop to very close to zero. You can never make it completely safe, but the number that get through will be very low
Stefan
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725

The Tassie Devil(le)

There is no Member posing as Ethan Myers on the Forum.

Do you have any other information that you can PM to me?

Thanks,

Bruce.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible