News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 firewall drainage tubes

Started by Paul Tesone, December 22, 2013, 11:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Tesone

Can someone tell me where I can purchase the rubber drainage tubing that comes off the firewall "blisters" . They are pre- formed to make the angles seen in the photos .Steele doesn't have them for 1957 . Thanks, Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

David King (kz78hy)

Paul,

When I fixed mine a few years ago, I went to my local NAPA and looked for radiator hoses that would work.  Below are the ones I found w/part numbers.

This stupid site will make me do something else as the photos are to large to include in one.  Here is a link to Picasa where I have photos showing how I modified the radiator hoses and made my own A/C drains.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110637040231525597278/HeaterACBlisterDrainsHoses?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I used electrical tape and some of the straight section waste to extend the one that was a little short.

David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Paul Tesone

David - thanks so much for taking the time to respond and post those pictures . I'll certainly look into getting those parts . ... Paul Tesone CLC #6876

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

One other thing you might try.  Have a look at those discharge hoses that are sold for washing
machines.  They are cheap and the right diameter.  The bends will not be exactly right but you
likely can work around that.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region